Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sad more then normal :/

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:46 AM
  • 22 Replies
I really hate to admit this but im so over come with stress i want to scream(ok i do yell alot). I just hate waking up if i even get sleep, i feel like once i step foot on to my floor its a bad day. I think i have the baby blues, my son was just born on the 28th of September. I hear him cry and i dont feel like figuring out whats wrong but i do because i just want him to be quite and go to sleep. I really feel like he is messing up my relationship with my 17month old dd. She is my world and love doing one on one with her but since i had him he takes so much work i dont have the extra time for her :'( Also he dont sleep at night he is always wanting my boob for comfort. I still havent bonded with him and people in my family are noticing. When my sisters try handing him to me after they hold him i dont want him, i rather him lay in his playpen till i have to feed or change him. Only time i even find it cute to hold him is when dd wants to love on him. Ugh i probably need to call my doctor and see if i can get back on some antidepressants but the last ones made me gain 25pounds and i have 40pounds to lose from having him. Sorry i know i sound selfish and i just need to suck it up but i really needed to get this off my chest. Ok my pitty party is over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Hi Sara,

Before you get back on medication, can you talk with someone who is not in your family - a clinical social work or a counselor? Maybe you sorting out your thoughts and feelings with an objective party will help a lot. And maybe they can help you learn how to transition.

I know your son is already here, but I wonder, how did you feel when you found out you were pregnant with him? Did you want to be pregnant again? While you were pregnant, were you excited for him to come, or were the feelings opposite?

Regardless of how it sounds, it's good that you are getting it out. I think then, you can began to get help. I can tell you this much: you are not in this boat alone....

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM
*hugs* sounds like you need to find someone to talk to. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I dont really care for counselling because i was forced to go when i was 13-15.

I didn't want to have 2 kids in 2 years. I really didnt want to keep the baby but my mother sorta guilted me into it. I never really cared about him, i never once took a prenatal or quit smoking. Dont get me wrong i love him now but its a different love then i have for my dd.

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

Hi Sara,

Before you get back on medication, can you talk with someone who is not in your family - a clinical social work or a counselor? Maybe you sorting out your thoughts and feelings with an objective party will help a lot. And maybe they can help you learn how to transition.

I know your son is already here, but I wonder, how did you feel when you found out you were pregnant with him? Did you want to be pregnant again? While you were pregnant, were you excited for him to come, or were the feelings opposite?

Regardless of how it sounds, it's good that you are getting it out. I think then, you can began to get help. I can tell you this much: you are not in this boat alone....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veronica0610
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I just want to tell you your not alone I have. A 9 and 11 year old that I live to death I thought I met the man of my dreams we planned to have. A baby and here I sit 7 months preg alone. I'm so depressed because I feel like he wanted this baby so much more than me I'm sure I'm going to love her but I wonder how I will bond with her. I explained to her dad I did not want to raise a baby on my own and I find it a struggle to get through everyday I can't imagine how it's going to be when she gets here I'm very scared of ppd. I hope everything gets easier for the both of us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hugs!  I would definately call your dr and tell them what you have told us!

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
5 moms liked this
You need to get help and not just pop some pills. Otherwise your son is going to suffer more and that's not fair to him. He didn't ask to be born. You are sounding selfish and maybe I'm being harsh but you have got to get it together. You're harming your baby by only tending to him when you have to do so in order for him to stop crying. If you don't want him or don't want to be bothered by him, take him to a police station, fire department, church, or hospital so they can find someone that does want him. And do it sooner rather than later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I hope you are able to bond quicker then i find myself bonding. I really wasnt happy bout my pregnancy at all. The guy that im 99% positive that is his father is really excited to be a dad but i have my baby already and she is to the stage where she always sleep though the night lol and with the new baby she is grumpy alot more and wanting to be the baby she says "me baby" and it brakes my heart i messed up her mommy time. I think my depression is coming back i can cry at a drop of a hat. I hope you and i get over the sad feeling.

Quoting Veronica0610:

I just want to tell you your not alone I have. A 9 and 11 year old that I live to death I thought I met the man of my dreams we planned to have. A baby and here I sit 7 months preg alone. I'm so depressed because I feel like he wanted this baby so much more than me I'm sure I'm going to love her but I wonder how I will bond with her. I explained to her dad I did not want to raise a baby on my own and I find it a struggle to get through everyday I can't imagine how it's going to be when she gets here I'm very scared of ppd. I hope everything gets easier for the both of us

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM
For one i am not harming him, he doesnt sit there and cry he sleeps 90% of the day anyway why should i hold him when he doesnt need it? He gets enough attention when he eats 8-10times a day. And its not that simple to just drop him off and why would i do that over the baby blues? Seriously

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

You need to get help and not just pop some pills. Otherwise your son is going to suffer more and that's not fair to him. He didn't ask to be born. You are sounding selfish and maybe I'm being harsh but you have got to get it together. You're harming your baby by only tending to him when you have to do so in order for him to stop crying. If you don't want him or don't want to be bothered by him, take him to a police station, fire department, church, or hospital so they can find someone that does want him. And do it sooner rather than later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I plan to tomorrow, i got the baby blues with my dd and was on meds for a few months. But with her i was excited to be a new mom because she was my first.

Quoting easinpc:

Hugs!  I would definately call your dr and tell them what you have told us!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Babies need to be held and loved on more than just when they need to be taken care of. It's called nurturing the child, making him feel safe and secure and that sort of thing.

Are you saying the only time you held your daughter was when she cried cause she needed to be fed or changed?

Quoting SaraSnider:

For one i am not harming him, he doesnt sit there and cry he sleeps 90% of the day anyway why should i hold him when he doesnt need it? He gets enough attention when he eats 8-10times a day. And its not that simple to just drop him off and why would i do that over the baby blues? Seriously

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN