Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

All this taxes talk..

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM
  • 28 Replies
Has your bd claimed your child before you? I'm worried my ex, who has zero custody, is going to try to claim my son. He already claims him for his fasfa, and gets a ton back. It wouldn't put it past me to think he'd do the same. We have court 1/24 to determine everything, and I plan on taking him for back child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM
He never has. He used to ask but I never would let him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Does your custody papers state who can. Usually it is the parent who has primary custody. In my case through my divorce I claim one boy every other year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I always claim them...I just helps so I don't owe the govt AS much.. he doesn't have taxable income..so he doesn't file taxes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I have been wondering about taxes.. this will be the first year we file seperately.  I have primary custody.  I'm not sure he's even going to file because I asked him straight up if taxes are taken out of his VA payments and he's like "oh, i dunno.'

he's such a moron.

Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM
No. I have sole custody of my kids. My ex gets no visitation (court ordered). You need toget to court asap and have legal papers stating who does what. Or else there's nothing you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shantee225
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Dispute it with the IRS if he does. They will investigate and hold his money until a decision is made. If you can prove custody for over a certain time I think 6mts, you can file taxes.  http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/qt/childtaxcredit.htm

mommaof3girls24
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

i cant file because i dont work and my ex is in jail. 

My Three Angels--Hannah, Kayla, and Gracie <3

eastcoastmama11
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex can't.

I have sole custody, an he knows better. If he even TRIED to claim her I would claim her too and then he would have to prove that he provides 50% or more of her needs for her, which would be hard considering the last time he gave me money was march of 2011 -- $200 lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)