Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All this taxes talk..

Posted by   + Show Post
Has your bd claimed your child before you? I'm worried my ex, who has zero custody, is going to try to claim my son. He already claims him for his fasfa, and gets a ton back. It wouldn't put it past me to think he'd do the same. We have court 1/24 to determine everything, and I plan on taking him for back child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM
He doesn't have her social and she doesn't live with him so he can't claim her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex tried once and I turned him in to the IRS. He was audited and I got his entire refund. He's never tried again. I worked at H&R Block at the time and he filed his taxes there. Dumbass!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

 Have it in your court order and submit that portion it to the IRS when filing.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My ex claimed the kids last year thinking he would get one over on me. Little did he know that he owed so much in back child support that is was coming to me anyway :)

He technically wasn't allowed to claim them since they lived with me more than half the year and I was the custodial parent but I got more money back having him claim them and then getting his refund. He made it really hard for me to get and I didn't get it until a few months ago. We had to have court hearings and get lawyers, it was a mess, but it all worked out in the end.

by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM
No but I do tax prep for a living and submit as soon after 1/1 as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
If he child lives with you let him fuckin try. He will be audited up the ass. Just go ahead and claim your kid. If he tries, the IRS will contact you. Have school and doc records ready that reflect your child resides wih you and sit back and wait for the fireworks. Your return may be delayed but you will get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Nope he doesn't have his social security number figure out now its tax fraud if he does probably also fraud on his fasfa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Have the tax issue put in the order. My ex and I alternate years, but its possible for you to get every year. Be sure and have it court ordered because if you both claim it, you can get it trouble with the irs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM
It has happened to me the last 3yrs and my return was rejected and I had to refile through paper, but i eventually got mine and his because he owed back child support. I also had to call the IRS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Financial aid goes off your taxes, not just what you write down. And I get 1-2thoudand extra a semester. He must qualify as very low income or has been claiming your kid on taxes already bc they actually allow you to link the sites now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)