Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How to be happy alone

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you re happy being single, how did you become happy alone? How did you get over the feeling of needing/wanting to be with someone?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
7 moms liked this

I am content with being single. And I enjoy the opportunity because I get to truly explore me, my thought patterns, what I like to do, with freedom. I think this single time allows me to get me in good enough order before I am linked with someone for life. I am a person that has not always been comfortable with me, and after different relationships, I knew that I wanted to get to that point before I became involved with anyone else.

There are many days where I desire someone to be next to me, to watch TV or go out with, or lay next to (intimacy more than sex). But, because I am becoming content with where I am at now, then those desires are just that. They don't have much weight anymore to where I am sad about it. Because it's a blessing for me.

So, while the feeling of wanting/needing someone does not go away, it does not rule over my life. It's because I am content. As long as I have given and am doing my best everyday, then I am alright.

FYI: it took a while to get here, and I have to be mindful of it EVERYDAY, sometimes every minute, LOL, because it is easy to slip.

sonnyswoman75
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly I am still working on that.Nightime is the worst for me.I hate sleeping alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm happy with being alone, we'll with not being in a relationship because I have way less drama and stress than I had when I was with my bf. I have males friends though so I'm good. Well the right one comes along, I'll be happy to be in a relationship but I'm not gonna settle for someone that truly doesn't deserve me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I have been single for 3 years now. I like it. When I was dating, my son would act out, and I felt like I was juggling bf, ds and work. It was exhausting. It's much easier for me to not date--maybe someday I will, but I'm happy where I am at now.

hollinicole
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I would have to say this. I have been single for 6 years, have "talked" to 2 guys in that time but they just could not handle the whole thing. Am just at a spot of being "normal" yes there are times I would die to have someone next to me just to cuddle up and laying in their arms but I have came to its not going to happen for me and am okay with it....kinda.

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

I am content with being single. And I enjoy the opportunity because I get to truly explore me, my thought patterns, what I like to do, with freedom. I think this single time allows me to get me in good enough order before I am linked with someone for life. I am a person that has not always been comfortable with me, and after different relationships, I knew that I wanted to get to that point before I became involved with anyone else.

There are many days where I desire someone to be next to me, to watch TV or go out with, or lay next to (intimacy more than sex). But, because I am becoming content with where I am at now, then those desires are just that. They don't have much weight anymore to where I am sad about it. Because it's a blessing for me.

So, while the feeling of wanting/needing someone does not go away, it does not rule over my life. It's because I am content. As long as I have given and am doing my best everyday, then I am alright.

FYI: it took a while to get here, and I have to be mindful of it EVERYDAY, sometimes every minute, LOL, because it is easy to slip.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I was happy being single, the only reason I get into relationships is because of the sex.  For some reason my "friend with benefits" ended up being my bf and soon the father to my second child.  

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I am enjoying being single but for me I have a guy friend that takes care of the snuggling and other needs and neither one of us have developed any feelings so for me its a perfect situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

It's hard being alone - but it's not easy trying to date or be in a relationship, either.  There's so much drama with another person.  Being alone gets lonely, but I've been concentrating on raising my kids  Plus, I can do what I want, when I want and raise my kids how I want. 

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I was very happy being single and alone for about 5 years before I got with dh. After my divorce I got so sick of men and their shit that I decided to just give up. I focused solely on my two dds and making a good life for the three of us. I spent many hours thinking, reading, meditating and getting to know myself inside out as a woman, not just a wife and mother, for the first time. Didnt take long before I realized that I was actually pretty cool and really liked myself. Once I realized that, I can honestly say I was very happy alone and planned to stay that way. Then out of the blue an old teenage bf reappeared and before I knew it, I was in love and married. I hope and plan to stay married, but if not, I at least know I can be happy alone again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommietoJB
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I think its actually refreshing to not be with someone for awhile. Yeah of course I miss some things but I dont miss the bullshit, stress and drama that my ex put me through almost daily. Im taking time out because I want to reflect get my shit together and not drag my baggage in a new hopefully healthy relationship. I do girls night outs and spend more time actually with family to get over some loneliness. And I also workout and that seems to pull me out of any funk. Good luck it takes time abd destiny to eet mr. right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)