Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I Want to throw in the towel.

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 59 Replies
I don't want to do anything at all and there is so much I need to do. I have to clean, do homework, my daughter wants me to play with her. I don't want to. I am feeling like everything is crashing down the last few days. Last night was a very bad night for both my daughter and I. She was up most of the night do to some bad dreams. I didn't want to deal with her being up all night. I just want a break from her and I can't ever get one because her lovely father doesn't take her. It's starting to get to me I want to punch his face and tell him to man up and be her dad again! She wants him and gets so upset mostly on the weekends because those were the days he would be home. It's all hitting me like a brick wall. I feel like I am always getting sick from the stress of raising a 4 year old on my own, working, doing school, watching my sisters most afternoon/ eveningS because my mom works and doesn't find them a sitter or put them in daycare. I am sitting here feeling so done and want to throw in the towel. I thought it would get easier but it seems to be getting harder.   None of my family understands what I am dealing with. Not even my mom who was/is a single mom. I don't know anymore.
Last night I lost my temper and got frustrated with my daughter. Feel bad that I yelled at her. I also told my mom I am not watching my sisters this week. I am so done with it all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, I get it...

Can you put your daughter in a stroller and just walk? For as long as you need to.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:00 PM
No I don't have a stroller so that means she would have to walk with me.

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

Yep, I get it...

Can you put your daughter in a stroller and just walk? For as long as you need to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Feeling so alone...no one seems to understand.... I wish my Mom took my daughter because she is making me feel like a bad mom since I don't want to play right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepnItTogethr
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been going through that VERY same thing. I have two girls. First from an ex and the second from my best friend that I was going to marry. He ended up cheating on me and breaking up with me and my daughter is 3 months old and he hasn't even laid eyes on her. My oldest's father doesn't see her either. Its a very lonely spot to be in. I've just been utterly stressed and depressed, feeling like it was just never going to turn around. I used to just cry almost every night because I was tired of being the responsible one and picking up the slack for two BOYS that decided they just didn't want responsibility. Girl, we ALL go through those feelings of just wanting to get away and just give up....but eventually it happens to where we wake up one day and look at our kids and realize that there is a reason for keeping strong and that being a single mom is just something you have to take minute by minute. I've really learned that. I know how it feels to not have anybody understand either -- that's the lonliest part. But, girl, keep your chin up and realize how AWESOME you are and how you are doing what most people couldn't do!!

KeepnItTogethr
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Give yourself a break!! Its hard to do all we do!! I have a two year old that wants to play allllll the time. I used to make myself feel terrible for not playing with her all the time, but I think its good for her to be able to learn how to play alone and entertain herself. Although, I have tried harder at trying to take SOME time out from time to time to play with her, but if i dont, I don't beat myself up about it and ignore others that try to do the same. Think of it this way -- you need mommy time to survive. and if YOU don't survive..NOBODY does haha

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Thanks.

Quoting KeepnItTogethr:

I've been going through that VERY same thing. I have two girls. First from an ex and the second from my best friend that I was going to marry. He ended up cheating on me and breaking up with me and my daughter is 3 months old and he hasn't even laid eyes on her. My oldest's father doesn't see her either. Its a very lonely spot to be in. I've just been utterly stressed and depressed, feeling like it was just never going to turn around. I used to just cry almost every night because I was tired of being the responsible one and picking up the slack for two BOYS that decided they just didn't want responsibility. Girl, we ALL go through those feelings of just wanting to get away and just give up....but eventually it happens to where we wake up one day and look at our kids and realize that there is a reason for keeping strong and that being a single mom is just something you have to take minute by minute. I've really learned that. I know how it feels to not have anybody understand either -- that's the lonliest part. But, girl, keep your chin up and realize how AWESOME you are and how you are doing what most people couldn't do!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIMarriott
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Do you know any other moms? Sometimes just getting together with other moms the same age, etc..helps.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Yeah I do...doesn't really help.

Quoting FIMarriott:

Do you know any other moms? Sometimes just getting together with other moms the same age, etc..helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeynix
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I am probably the last person that should be replying to you because I am new to this single mom business.  My daughter will be four in December, I have an incredibly demanding career and if it wasn't for these to things I would stay in bed and just give up.  Finding out that the man I walked away from my first marriage (it wasn't very stable to begin with) was having a very open affair with someone at his very simple job, hasn't been very easy for me.  I had been supporting this man since 2006, putting a roof over his head, clothing him, feeding him, simply making sure he had the best of the best for him to have the of the best. So to find out of this new relationship has made me feel a bit broken inside.  Breathing, walking, sleeping is very hard for me you could say.  All I can seem to do is cry as of late.  Here is the thing, our daughters will one look at us as role models and ask us "why?"  Why did we put with it? or worse yet, why did we give up?  So either we can wither away and let the sorry SOB's win, or wake up tomorrow morning, take a shower like we normally would, kiss our babies and remember that we have our lives ahead of us.  I'm not saying that I wont shed a tear here and there, but Why should our lives stop due to his mistake.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)