Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do you enjoy being single?? I don't. At all. It gets tool lonely. I don't have many hobbies, only my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hi DesiCole,

I am going to copy my response to another post another mom just asked:

"I am content with being single. And I enjoy the opportunity because I get to truly explore me, my thought patterns, what I like to do, with freedom. I think this single time allows me to get me in good enough order before I am linked with someone for life. I am a person that has not always been comfortable with me, and after different relationships, I knew that I wanted to get to that point before I became involved with anyone else.

There are many days where I desire someone to be next to me, to watch TV or go out with, or lay next to (intimacy more than sex). But, because I am becoming content with where I am at now, then those desires are just that. They don't have much weight anymore to where I am sad about it. Because it's a blessing for me.

So, while the feeling of wanting/needing someone does not go away, it does not rule over my life. It's because I am content. As long as I have given and am doing my best everyday, then I am alright.

FYI: it took a while to get here, and I have to be mindful of it EVERYDAY, sometimes every minute, LOL, because it is easy to slip."

And, I want to add to that: for you, what do you like to do?

sonnyswoman75
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Yes I do hate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I'm sorry you feel lonely. Do you have some things you like to do so you could start a hobby?

hugs

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I love being single. Just hang out in some of the groups with married women and you will feel better. They have nasty husbands who leave shit streaks in the toilet, who expect women to clean up.after them, and who buy stupid shit but don't leave enough money for food and clothing. No, thanks. I'd rather be single.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I love being single. Just hang out in some of the groups with married women and you will feel better. They have nasty husbands who leave shit streaks in the toilet, who expect women to clean up.after them, and who buy stupid shit but don't leave enough money for food and clothing. No, thanks. I'd rather be single.

Hahahaha I feel you on that one!

ms-superwoman
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I don't mind being single, but I like having company and me time every once in a while.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
At first I didn't but then I did. A lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I love being single. Thankfully I don't get lonely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I'm very happy being single
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Most of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN