Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New here

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi everyone,

I am 14 weeks pregnant and well my husband left me. He left me the first time at 9 weeks, but the next morning was like "I didn't mean it." Then around week twelve he said he wants out again. So, now I am pregnant and single. It's not where I ever wanted to be. No one around me is in the same situation and my own mother is a horrible example of how this should go. So, it would be nice to hear from some other people who know what I am getting myself into.

Right now he is still finacially supporting me and wants to be part of the kids life. I guess it's just me he doesn't want. Yay. Our relationships was horrible, so maybe this is a good thing, but I have no idea how I am supposed to be single again, a single mother, work full time, and take care of the two dogs too. Just not very happy in life.

Thanks everyone,

Brandi

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!!! I'm so glad you found us! Take each day and do everything legally . You have found a great knowledgable group of women!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM

One of the worst parts is that in FL I can't get divorced until the baby is born. It is so hard to sit here with all this limbo.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. Its still new and overwhelming for you now, but I promise that youll be able to adjust to being single and be a good mom. Im not saying its easy, but youll surprise yourself at all you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Welcome!! This is a great group here I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Congrats on the baby :) it'll be tough at times but you can do it!! Is this your first? If it is once you see that baby's face it'll all be worth it. Since it wasn't very good as you said its better to get it over with now than be stuck in a miserable relationship
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cw619
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I know how it feels to be in your shoes, my BD also left when I was about 3 months preg.It has not always been easy, but I promise your baby wil make it all worth it. If you ever need to talk to someone who knows what it is your going through you can always mesage me.

strngenough
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I know you are right. Hard to see that today, but I know you are right. Thank you everyone.

strngenough
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM

were you feeling mad about being pregnant? I'm at that point now where I am mad about it and I feel bad about that.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Welcome to the group, Brandi.  You'll find a way to make being a single parent work for you and you'll be a good mother.

cw619
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I wouldn't really say I was mad about it. He wanted me to get an abortion and I wouldn't, so in a way I guess I always felt the baby was my decision. I always knew in the back of my mind that he wouldn't stick around so i always felt stressed about how everything would be, and still am

Quoting strngenough:

were you feeling mad about being pregnant? I'm at that point now where I am mad about it and I feel bad about that.

strngenough
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Thank you but it gets kinda negative in the pregnancy group. I joined a expecting mom's meet up locally. It is helpful,but they are all "happily" married. I read some of the forums here before I joined. I think this is going to be really good for me. Thanks for being welcoming. i know I am going to have a lot of questions. Starting with how does childsupport work? The state is very kind with how much they say I get, but I am fucked up and still love him and I struggle with taking too much money away from him. It's so hard when you still love this person who hurt you and it hasn't hit that you have to worry about supporting someone who isn't here yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN