Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 1: Create a "Mom Only Zone"

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

Create a Mom Only Zone!

With all the demands on your time and attention, it can be really difficult to find time just to think! Today, we're going to help you steal a few extra moments alone!

Find a spot in your home - it can be a certain room or even just one specific chair - and designate it the Mom Only Zone.

Then, let everyone in your house know that anytime you step into the zone today, they are not allowed to ask you for anything!

Try slipping away to the zone as often as you can for a few minutes to yourself!

Do you have a "Mom Only Zone"?

What is your "Mom Only Zone" like?

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I don't have a mom zone, yet. I will come up w/one. I was thinking maybe my room, but it may be too open. hmmmm....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM
My plan when I moved to my own apartment was for my room to be MY room haha I even got a candle that said 'my space', that lasted about a week before I started waking up to trucks in my bed. It's deff a good idea tho I'm gonna have to do this. Does locking yourself in the bathroom count? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytwoboys21
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
My mom zone is my room. Fluffy comforter and tons of candles and pics of my sons and other family. It's the best place for me to escape when I need some down time!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is the bathroom. lol

I have two doors in my bathroom, one goes into the bathroom, but there is another which goes into the toilet and bathtub. When I am in the main part of the bathroom (sink area) they can walk in on me, ask for whatever, etc.

Starting today, when I am in the toilet part with the door shut, they can't come in-whether I am on the potty, or in the shower. Thanks for this idea! So simple, why didn't I think of it??

cutestmom24
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Dose going outside and smoking a Newport when I need to destress count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
My room is my mom zone I allow babygirl in to wake me up and thats it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aom1112
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I'd say my space is when I go to the store. Can't have one here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I have a recliner chair in my living room, and when I sit in it and pull out the reclining part for my feet, my family knows that Mama is tired and can't be disturbed.

beachbum74
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have a mom space but I have mom time which is pretty awesome for me!

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM

As sad as it is, I think the bathroom is probably my mom zone.  Its the only place in the house with a door where I seem to be able to get a shred of alone time.  When my DS goes to sleep, I go in the bathroom, sit on the edge of the tub and read sometimes.  Or when my DS is being a brat, I go in there, turn on the water and have a quickie meltdown. 

If only I had one of those speical showerheads...I would probably just move in there :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)