Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mirane Birth control Vs. implanon Birth control???

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 15 Replies
Who has used them or are currently using one of them? What are your side affects if any? Would you recommend it? Please don't tell me ”No sex is the best birth control” because yes ladies we are all old enough to know that much by now im just asking advice minus the judgment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adulation
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM

i use the pill.  i dont want anything inside me.  i had to try 6 pills before i found the right one.

my friend is going to get mirena in a couple months (she's saving up money for it)

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I'm with you.  I dont want any foriegn objects inside of me. 

A few years ago my doctor told me that if I started the Depo shot my periods would get lighter and lighter and eventually just disappear.  I call BS on that....I bled for TWO FULL MONTHS which happened to include the only week that my boyfriend at the time was home on leave. 

I got really mad at myself for putting something in my body that I had no control over.  At least with the pill if you don't like the way your body reacts you just stop taking it.

Right now I'm not on anything.  After the Depo shot my period was messed up for over a year.  Its finally getting normal but since I'm not doing certian things, there isn't really a need at the moment.

If I start dating again, I'll go back on the pill.

Quoting adulation:

i use the pill.  i dont want anything inside me.  i had to try 6 pills before i found the right one.

my friend is going to get mirena in a couple months (she's saving up money for it)

Shaybay218
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I had my tubes tied but...a friend of mine has the mirena she says so far so good...hope that helps...try reading up on different methods also

lilbit53009
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

i've had mirena in for 3.5 years now. i haven't had any major complications with it. my periods stopped after about 6 months and i just get light spotting every few months or so.

the only thing i don't like about it is sometimes i can feel it when we're having sex and it makes it uncomfortable. my boyfriend has always been able to feel the strings too. i'm seriously considering taking it out and going on the pill just for that. 

i know other people have bad much worse side effects than mine tho

when i went to my last checkup i asked the dr about implanon since from what i could read it seemed the same as mirena but no discomfort during sex. but the dr told me implanon is their 2nd choice and they'd rather use an iud

JeremiahMyKing
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM
That's what i was afraid of with Mirena i dont mind the implanon because it goes inside your arm so my partner or me wouldn't be able to feel it during sex. Dint know there was a string? Like a tampon?

Quoting lilbit53009:

i've had mirena in for 3.5 years now. i haven't had any major complications with it. my periods stopped after about 6 months and i just get light spotting every few months or so.

the only thing i don't like about it is sometimes i can feel it when we're having sex and it makes it uncomfortable. my boyfriend has always been able to feel the strings too. i'm seriously considering taking it out and going on the pill just for that. 

when i went to my last checkup i asked the dr about implanon since from what i could read it seemed the same as mirena but no discomfort during sex. but the dr told me implanon is their 2nd choice and they'd rather use an iud

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I just got the implant two months ago. I've had a lil bit longer than normal period last month. Soon to start my next. Its nice not having to worry about something expelling thru my uterus. My gf is worried that her mirena has done that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM

they're wire strings so they can feel the poke.  when i first got it in my boyfriend said they felt sharp so the dr tucked them up around my cervix and for a while that helped. but it seems as if they're slipping down again.

Quoting JeremiahMyKing:

That's what i was afraid of with Mirena i dont mind the implanon because it goes inside your arm so my partner or me wouldn't be able to feel it during sex. Dint know there was a string? Like a tampon?

Quoting lilbit53009:

stormystar15
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I have the mirena and I've had it about a year and a half now. After the first month I stopped having periods and major head aches and since then all has been good till now. Now I have cramping on and off all day every day and once I get insurance I'll prob have it removed and go back to the depo or maybe implanon not sure yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremiahMyKing
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Do you feel the implant?

Quoting a06z08mama:

I just got the implant two months ago. I've had a lil bit longer than normal period last month. Soon to start my next. Its nice not having to worry about something expelling thru my uterus. My gf is worried that her mirena has done that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adulation
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM

My sister says she has a couple of friends with implanon and that if they press or squeeze their skin they can show you the implant! lol.  makes sense. but that's not too bad.  i'd be worried about bad reactions to the hormone.  she said one friend loves it and the other one wants it out.  everyone is different, that's the hard part.

What about the nuvaring My friend that is waiting to get mirena has the nuva ring and has been on it for years and loves it.  she's only switching to mirena becase she is moving to south america to a rural town and wont have access to medical care, and the ring can't really be stored for a long time in a rural town.  :/

Quoting JeremiahMyKing:

Do you feel the implant?

Quoting a06z08mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN