Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Bitterness and Hurt Towards Ex

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 19 Replies
My ex and I have been broken up for almost a year now and he is bashing me on fb. Putting statuses about me lying by saying Im trying to be back with him. I would simply just ignore it if I really was trying to be back with him, but Im not. The lies he is saying is making me look desperate. Im so hurt, because we live in a small town and everybody comes up to me and lets me know about the things my ex say. I try to forget about it, but its hard to when somebody is lying on u. Any other single moms deal with this? Its my son's father that is doing this. Btw, hes 25. I know he' s very mature, right?
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I got brothers that will handle a prick like him...but just continue to ignore it...all he wants is for you to lash out...people will soon see who the liar is!!

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got some hostility towards my ex but I'm working on it.  I guess the best thing you can do is just focus on being happy.  Its easier said than done, I know but what else can you do?  Bashing him back will get you nowhere.  Hating him is bad for your health.  Just ignore him.  Be the bigger person.

kidlover2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this
My only advice is to stop caring. I still can become irked with my ex-inlaws when they tell me some outrageous lie or try to blame me for the failed marriage. I'm slowly realizing that the people who believe the lies without question are the ones I don't need in my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamond2010
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I try, but there is other things that makes me angry, such as him not helping me out at all with our son.
kidlover2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh... don't get me started! ;) that is one of the biggest lies that gets me riled up. I have full custody of my 3 girls because my ex stood in front of the judge and said he didn't want them. Now all of a sudden because I'm dating again, he is telling everyone that I am preventing him from seeing the girls. He texted me the other night saying I'm mean because I won't allow overnights. (He & his girlfriend do drugs)

Quoting Diamond2010:

I try, but there is other things that makes me angry, such as him not helping me out at all with our son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ndumakazulu
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

He is desperately seeking attention from you.  Ignore him!  I know it's very difficult but pretend you don't know.  Do not stoop to his level - that's where he wants you to be.  It wont be easy to switch off feelings of being hurt because you are human but try as hard as you can to find the strength.

All the best (((BIG HUG)))

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My ex had a FB account and friended our DD just shortly after he created it.  He had written an 'ode' to our daughter as well as as the son he fathered with his gf.  He continued to disrespect me on his FB page when he claimed he had met the 'woman of his dreams his one true love".  He says this after he was married to me for 26 years, and was coverting with his gf (now wife) behind my back for three years.  The same gf that I didn't even know about the entire time he was with her.  My ex always says idiot things.  And, this one takes the prize.  When my DD read out loud the 'ode' on his FB, I called him and told him off.  I told him he was a worthless liar, cheater, disrespected not only me but the homewrecker he's now married to.  I also told him he was a lowlife thief for sneaking furniture out of our house and gave it to the homewrecker and that he was a piece of utter dispacable garbage.  The next day he closed his FB account.  So much for being a 'man'.  

You know the truth and the truth shall set you free.  I knew the truth but knowing that my ex had come out with utter lies I had to say something to him.  I wasn't about to allow my family and friends to see my ex's very public status on his FB page.  He was stupid enough to break-up a marriage with his sexual antics (as he had to divorce me and marry his bimbo).  Ignore the ex's FB page.  Don't make anymore comments to him about his comments.  It all comes down to who is telling the truth and who isn't.   I would tell your friends to ignore his FB page and to at least not tell you what he's commenting about if it's about you.  If they are friends they will comply.  Like you said, he's 25 and very inmature moron.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM
My ex does the same, but we don't know the same people and live 2,000 miles apart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Tell people you dont' care and don't want to listen about crap he has to say.  I'm thankful my ex matured, don't have to deal with such things anymore.  

Diamond2010
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quoting steviechick:

My ex had a FB account and friended our DD just shortly after he created it.  He had written an 'ode' to our daughter as well as as the son he fathered with his gf.  He continued to disrespect me on his FB page when he claimed he had met the 'woman of his dreams his one true love".  He says this after he was married to me for 26 years, and was coverting with his gf (now wife) behind my back for three years.  The same gf that I didn't even know about the entire time he was with her.  My ex always says idiot things.  And, this one takes the prize.  When my DD read out loud the 'ode' on his FB, I called him and told him off.  I told him he was a worthless liar, cheater, disrespected not only me but the homewrecker he's now married to.  I also told him he was a lowlife thief for sneaking furniture out of our house and gave it to the homewrecker and that he was a piece of utter dispacable garbage.  The next day he closed his FB account.  So much for being a 'man'.  

You know the truth and the truth shall set you free.  I knew the truth but knowing that my ex had come out with utter lies I had to say something to him.  I wasn't about to allow my family and friends to see my ex's very public status on his FB page.  He was stupid enough to break-up a marriage with his sexual antics (as he had to divorce me and marry his bimbo).  Ignore the ex's FB page.  Don't make anymore comments to him about his comments.  It all comes down to who is telling the truth and who isn't.   I would tell your friends to ignore his FB page and to at least not tell you what he's commenting about if it's about you.  If they are friends they will comply.  Like you said, he's 25 and very inmature moron.

Im in the same situation. He claimed he found his soul mate and all of that. Well if you supposedly happy stop thinking about your ex lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)