Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Bitterness and Hurt Towards Ex

Posted by   + Show Post
My ex and I have been broken up for almost a year now and he is bashing me on fb. Putting statuses about me lying by saying Im trying to be back with him. I would simply just ignore it if I really was trying to be back with him, but Im not. The lies he is saying is making me look desperate. Im so hurt, because we live in a small town and everybody comes up to me and lets me know about the things my ex say. I try to forget about it, but its hard to when somebody is lying on u. Any other single moms deal with this? Its my son's father that is doing this. Btw, hes 25. I know he' s very mature, right?
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (11-19):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Every time he posts something about you, comment and let everyone know hes a lying pos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Mine called me to tell me how much he's in love with his new gf, and that he never loved me. Really? If you called me to tell me that just to hurt me, you are not in love! He has the nerve to tell me his new gf is such a good mom.. Really? Why does she only get her kid on weekends? Why are y'all both staying out all night like you don't have kids? Wait because y'all both don't have a full time parent responsoiblilty. I don't know when I'll stop hating him. Probably when she goes to prison in march for two years. He doesn't understand why I don't want a felon out on bond around my son..

Quoting Diamond2010:

Quoting steviechick:

My ex had a FB account and friended our DD just shortly after he created it.  He had written an 'ode' to our daughter as well as as the son he fathered with his gf.  He continued to disrespect me on his FB page when he claimed he had met the 'woman of his dreams his one true love".  He says this after he was married to me for 26 years, and was coverting with his gf (now wife) behind my back for three years.  The same gf that I didn't even know about the entire time he was with her.  My ex always says idiot things.  And, this one takes the prize.  When my DD read out loud the 'ode' on his FB, I called him and told him off.  I told him he was a worthless liar, cheater, disrespected not only me but the homewrecker he's now married to.  I also told him he was a lowlife thief for sneaking furniture out of our house and gave it to the homewrecker and that he was a piece of utter dispacable garbage.  The next day he closed his FB account.  So much for being a 'man'.  

You know the truth and the truth shall set you free.  I knew the truth but knowing that my ex had come out with utter lies I had to say something to him.  I wasn't about to allow my family and friends to see my ex's very public status on his FB page.  He was stupid enough to break-up a marriage with his sexual antics (as he had to divorce me and marry his bimbo).  Ignore the ex's FB page.  Don't make anymore comments to him about his comments.  It all comes down to who is telling the truth and who isn't.   I would tell your friends to ignore his FB page and to at least not tell you what he's commenting about if it's about you.  If they are friends they will comply.  Like you said, he's 25 and very inmature moron.

Im in the same situation. He claimed he found his soul mate and all of that. Well if you supposedly happy stop thinking about your ex lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

social networking delete him 

Diamond2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Quoting recovered55:

Omg, My situation is very similar and I though I was the only one who had an extremely immature ex.
Diamond2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Quoting jessicasmom1:

social networking delete him 

Were not fb friends. I find out from other people that he lies ob me on fb.
iHay
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Every time you comment, everytime you respond, everytime someone asks you about it and you get upset, everytime he upsets you, he wins. You've stooped to his level and played right into his hand. Sticks and stones... You cant control what another person says, you can only control how you react and if you stop reacting then it stops being fun for him. When someone asks you about it just look a little confused and say "uh nooo..." and smile. Tell them they must have the wires crossed. Then change the subject. People feed off of drama and thats what they're looking for when they bring up your ex to you. Stop letting him get to you (in other peoples eyes).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barblicious
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the hard thing is when someone says a lie about you - your natural instinct is to defend your reputation.

That's how they play the game.

What you need to do is stop caring what people might think if they read or hear lies about you, and decide that the people who truly know who you are will know the truth of who you are, and they will know everything he says is a lie.

It is hard to do that, I know, as my ex twists things around and attempts to make it seem like I am some desperate woman who still wants him... When the real people in my life, that are a part of my private life know that accusation is the biggest joke ever and we laugh at his pathetic-ness, that he somehow psychologically needs to believe I still want him is indeed sad.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Ignore him, block him on fb and if anyone tries to tell you what he says about you, cut them off and tell them you aren't interested. Cuz honestly, who gives a fuck what he says or thinks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
First of all, why do you give a crap about what people think? You know the truth and thats all that matters. If you really do care what they think, tell them the truth when they tell you what he says about you. Dont worry, in a small town they will be talking about someone else tomorrow and your exes comments will be forgotten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)