Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 2: Get it Off Your Chest! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 142 Replies
1 mom liked this

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Today is Get it Off Your Chest!

Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today, make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to friends or family members in your support system.

The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes. They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return. They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

Is anything bothering you today?

What's bothering you?

Cash in a virtual coupon here!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Communication is the best in relationships with anyone it plays a huge response in our life 

Amy127
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Not too much to complain about. Just a little annoyed with my sons school and having to re evaluate his IEP AGAIN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flprincessmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

my vent : WHY CAN'T MY INSURANCE COVER COUNSELING SO THAT I CAN TALK THROUGH MY PROBLEMS WITH A QUALIFIED THEREPIST????????!!!!!!!!!   IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???? MY MEDS ALONE ARE NOT ENOUGH!!!!   frustrated

a06z08mama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Lots to complain from here. Last week. Viral infection. Just could finally start eating again. Yesterday was from hell. Boss was being a dick. Call from the ex who had some big balls to question my parenting. Get home and it broke loose. Started peeing blood. *tmi* got served foreclosure papers. I have a UTI. Now I will owe the hospital more $.

Just when it seems like I am getting ahead and things are looking up. Nope. Here comes a huge fucking bitch slap to the face! I give up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandTsmomjuly
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I am so sick of migraine headaches. I am on number 10 in 16 days and I can't wait for my doc appt at the end of the month.

I am also so SICK of job searching. I know I will be good at any job I'm given if I just get the chance! I'm seeing friends just tell someone they need a job and getting hired on the spot but I've been searching fruitlessly since Aug. I'm so disheartened by the lack of progress. I don't have a man to back me up or help support my 3 kids. I don't get CS to help with expenses for the kids while I'm looking. Thank God for my parents! If I didn't have them to live with, I'd be homeless. I don't want to file for PA but it's looking like I have to.

I just want to be able to support my kids by myself. After my husband left me, I was determined to show him that I didn't need him or anyone else and I'm doing a piss-poor job of it.

towerjunkie1989
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Srs attempted to fuck me over by closing my daycare when child support papers are due the 18th. They also cut my food stamps to 92 a month. Child care isn't fixed yet, but I did get my food stamps back up. They took it way down because I have joint custody of one child. I have two others that are with me 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I hate feeling lonely this is my only vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I don't really have much to vent about atm.  My poor sister is usually the one that has to deal with my vents!

aom1112
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Wish I even had insurance! ! I too need to see a qualified person.

Quoting flprincessmom:

my vent : WHY CAN'T MY INSURANCE COVER COUNSELING SO THAT I CAN TALK THROUGH MY PROBLEMS WITH A QUALIFIED THEREPIST????????!!!!!!!!!   IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???? MY MEDS ALONE ARE NOT ENOUGH!!!!   frustrated

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Legalboxer
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Can i vent about not being a venter? :) 

I will say that while i understand the need to ban eggs and peanuts products from daycare because of one kid, I have NO idea what to do about my son's breakfast now... he has eggs every MWF and then French Toast, which has eggs in it, TTh, when i drop him off right when daycare opens. Not sure who the other kid is with the allegry, although i do know he/she is not in my son's room, but my son is there long before mosr kids arrive ... and does not like dry cereal (and just now is getting into oatmeal a little but its still a bit messy)... so again, i have no idea what to do about breakfast now... not to mention i make a month's worth of eggs and french toast at a time and freeze them as a time saver, so what do i do now?? 

ok, thats all... i am sure it will get worked out in some way... just wish i had more time to figure it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)