Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 2: Get it Off Your Chest! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Today is Get it Off Your Chest!

Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today, make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to friends or family members in your support system.

The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes. They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return. They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

Is anything bothering you today?

What's bothering you?

Cash in a virtual coupon here!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
sonnyswoman75
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM
My boyfriend not realizing that I need and want to work
mhaney03
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Oh my vent would take all day after the day I had yesterday......

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Isn't that frustrating? 

But, at least they are staying on top of it! 

Quoting Amy127:

Not too much to complain about. Just a little annoyed with my sons school and having to re evaluate his IEP AGAIN.

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm... 

Right now, not much to vent about. 

iamfreeatlast
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I have a 12 year old daughter who continues to roll her eyes or look straight through me with the daggers or when you tell her to do something she thinks it is supposed to be done on her time.  Then she thinks she is so slick when she lies about the most stupid stuff.  Its like she has forgot the meaning of telling the truth and telling a lie.  And when she wants something she expects you to jump right then and do it but when you ask her to do something it is like the world has came to an end.  Then when you remind her of what you asked her to do she looks at you like you are crazy.  Then when I say the word "NO" oh how the world will end then. 

OK Done with my vent.  Dang that felt good.  banging head into wall

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I really want to be able to find a bigger house. Im so sick of looking and not finding one. Mostly its the fucking morons not calling back. If you want to rent something out try calling pple back and dont have ur add run for 4 wks and wonder ytf is this not renting? duh! you havent called pple back. and when u do u never want to even show it. pple piss me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My BD is being a loser! He isnt working so no CS! He isnt seeing his kids and doesnt seem to care! Im sick of applying for jobs and getting nowhere. Its been making me really depressed. No one will help me get my son into Head Start so I guess I will just do it myself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
My vent random strangers come up to me in walmart and proceed to ask if my daughters dad sees her my situation is none of these females business idc if he knows them or not keep them out of our business!!!!!!!!!

Ugh I want to tell it all on fb but because of my daughter I won't!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Ok, I'm gonna do this and here's my vent:

I had to apply for food stamps and it's been a month and I still haven't gotten my card OR approval letter. I call once a week to find out the status, and after waiting on hold for 30-45 minutes!!!! they finally come on and say they have no idea what's taking so long, just wait a few more days. Sorry, but my family is hungry and I cannot afford to buy all this food! Along with that is the medicaid. We all need medical attention and I particularly need mental health before I lose my mind. I need to get a diagnosis and some meds so I can get stabilized and deal with my life right now!

Ugh...........I feel better though, thanks. :)

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Not much to vent about right now.  I had an awesome weekend and a pretty good Monday.  I'm broke but at least I'm happy and DS and I have everything we need for the week.  Things could be much worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN