Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 2: Get it Off Your Chest! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Today is Get it Off Your Chest!

Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today, make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to friends or family members in your support system.

The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes. They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return. They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

Is anything bothering you today?

What's bothering you?

Cash in a virtual coupon here!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
FilmmakerMom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I got really lucky with this challenge for today!  while it may seem easy enough to cut up/create coupons, the real challenge is giving them out and actually USING them...but I was able to just this morning!  A close gal pal who lives over an hour away slept over in order to make an impt appt this morning...so, in between me getting my three little guys off to pre-K and serving up coffee and a simple breakfast to my pal, she 100% participated in this venting coupon challenge and gave me her "ear" for double the coupon time!  Thanks all for this Day 2 challenge!!

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Check and see if there is a food pantry in your area.  Also, most churches have funds for people who really need it.  The closest thing to free mental health care you are going to get is probably talking to a pastor or going to a pastoral counseling center.  I think there are some crisis phone lines out there too.  I dont think any of them are going to prescribe anything but maybe they can help you cope!  As far as getting meds, we have Doctors Care here which is this urgent care center funded by a local hospital but I'm not sure if they would take uninsured ppl. 

Best of luck to you!

Quoting h_minkus:

Ok, I'm gonna do this and here's my vent:

I had to apply for food stamps and it's been a month and I still haven't gotten my card OR approval letter. I call once a week to find out the status, and after waiting on hold for 30-45 minutes!!!! they finally come on and say they have no idea what's taking so long, just wait a few more days. Sorry, but my family is hungry and I cannot afford to buy all this food! Along with that is the medicaid. We all need medical attention and I particularly need mental health before I lose my mind. I need to get a diagnosis and some meds so I can get stabilized and deal with my life right now!

Ugh...........I feel better though, thanks. :)

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Can he just eat before he goes to school?  I wake my DS up, get him dressed, put him at his table with breakfast and then let Mickey Mouse babysit him for 20 minutes or so until I can get showered, dressed, and ready to go.  Would something like that work for him?  His school serves breakfast too but then its more like a snack.

Also, I live waaay south but grits and oatmeal are pretty popular here.  Both are acquired tastes.  Idk, GL.

Quoting Legalboxer:

Can i vent about not being a venter? :) 

I will say that while i understand the need to ban eggs and peanuts products from daycare because of one kid, I have NO idea what to do about my son's breakfast now... he has eggs every MWF and then French Toast, which has eggs in it, TTh, when i drop him off right when daycare opens. Not sure who the other kid is with the allegry, although i do know he/she is not in my son's room, but my son is there long before mosr kids arrive ... and does not like dry cereal (and just now is getting into oatmeal a little but its still a bit messy)... so again, i have no idea what to do about breakfast now... not to mention i make a month's worth of eggs and french toast at a time and freeze them as a time saver, so what do i do now?? 

ok, thats all... i am sure it will get worked out in some way... just wish i had more time to figure it out.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Good ideai want to know why I have dental insurance but it doesn't cover shit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aahudson
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I'm upset that my ex says he loves he daughter more then anything but then he doesn't pay child support and he doesn't keep to her nap and food schedule which is what is best for her even if it is not convenient for him. I know because sometimes I want to take her somewhere but its her nap time and I can't. 

On the other hand, I'm thankful that I am making it without his support. That as scary as it is to be alone its going ok. I'm thankful that my daughter is happy and I worry about all the things that people say happen to kids of divorced parents. 

Had3girls
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I vent too much =/ that's my prob .... I used to bottle everything up inside and then eventually explode .... that was so unhealthy and messed up a lot of my relationships with family and friends .... so now I voice it if it comes to mind ..... not so sure which is worse =/ I need to find a middle ground
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

love this idea - very creative!  Sick of being lonely & things being so hard.

angie2568
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Nothing. I try not to let things/people bother me at all. My situation could always be worse but it could be better. I am thankful for who I am and all that I have.

cklamour
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
My vent is my 19 daughter. She's a sophomore and college and uses her father and myself as her cash cow. I don't understand why she can't find work to assist in her daily living. All I hear is ME, ME, ME, and POOR ME! She runs through my accounts like water and I'm sick of it. My sons father barely-and I use that term so loosely- pays child support, so I financially have to be responsible for no in full. Never had this issue with my daughter. She acts all pathetic and simple on the phone, but when she's one twitter, I'm like WTF?!
My four year old does not mentally exhaust me as much as she does. I don't even receive Happy Mothers Day cards from her. She claims she forgets but when there is a campus party she remembers that! She sleeps around and catches hebejeebees and excepts her father and I to pay for her disgustingness. She always claims to have a "boyfriend" so why the hell isn't he giving you any assistance? I'm tired, she irritates me, and I so cringe when I see her name on my phone. She can't understand that the messed up relationship between her and her father is because she created it and won't take responsibility for all the stupid crap she has done. My bestie says to stop paying for everything (unless dealing with her education) and let her figure it out. She will be twenty in less than six months and can't even buy her own fucking tampons!!!!

I'm glad to get most of it off my chest. All my friends live in NY, and I'm alone here with my son. I don't really speak to my family because j don't like, so they know nothing that is going on in my life. Thanks to whoever reads!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccan3
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Do I get 10 minutes virtually??  LOL  It's my kids Dad that is bothering me, he's just a pain in the rear.  Acts like we together and we aren't, wants to go shopping with us, run errands with us, but he can only come to the house to see the boys on his terms.  Please note that his terms is after work Monday through Wednesday for about an hour and then Thursday he cuts his hair and then Friday we pick him up so the boys can get snacks with him and then drop him off at his cousins and then Saturday we used to run errands together and then Sunday - - Hah, he claims that as his day of rest.  REST THIS you MF - - - SORRY but ugh - - - - it's so irritating.  I've cut strings with him now, we don't talk, he still comes to the house to see boys and that's it.  I don't go shoppin' with him or give him rides anymore cause I'm sick, you can't have your cake and eat it too.  Okay, I'm done, thanks for listening to my vent. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN