Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 2: Get it Off Your Chest! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Today is Get it Off Your Chest!

Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today, make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to friends or family members in your support system.

The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes. They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return. They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

Is anything bothering you today?

What's bothering you?

Cash in a virtual coupon here!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
momofamamasboy
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I wish people wouldn't automatically jump the ADHD bandwagon. My 5 yr is active, I know this. I keep him busy and interactive! Just because you can't handle him, doesn't mean I HAVE to medicate him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KerryK
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM
No one will clean up after themselves and I an getting really tired of it. And I have to cut down a tree today, with no time to prepare our find someone else to do it because my homeowners insurance company is incompetent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Having a good day so far. Keeping my fingers crossed until I get home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTryon
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Here's my vent:

I don't really have anyone to talk to IRL. I don't have any REAL friends anymore. I had these 2 best friends from high school that were like sisters to me, but both made horrible choices and I had to end the friendships (1 started dating a guy who ended up beating her 1 year old, and when CPS took the boys, she chose the man who beat her ds over her boys... The other is part of the reason my ex-dh is my ex)... Sometimes I feel really alone and wish I had someone to talk to, to grab coffee with, to go see a movie with, to just have girl time with... I have SO and my kids, but it's not the same. Plus my mom moved across country back in January when dd was 3 days old, and I don't even have any family left here. My mom and I were really close, and her not being here, it feels like she died. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyattlucasmama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My son's father has been playing the "I want to be a good father and be there for my son" card since I told him I was pregnant, but my son is 10 months old and has only seen him once for 5 minutes after our paternity establishing court. He enfuriates me! I have done everything possible to facilitate their relationship and I am exhausted!!

lovinmykids558
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Just wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel!! So tired of being Lonley and depressed.
iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM

my vent is that I am tired of being single. i am ready for the right person to come into my life and to start a relationship. i need help raising my daughter, it can be very overwhelming.  

miabelladebra
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Ha! That's an interesting thing to do. Good idea for tweens and teens to do as well

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My dad has been having heart issues since 9-25 and went in today to try have his heart shocked back into a normal rhythm.  I was havig flashbacks all morning of the calls I made and received the day my grandpa passed away (12-19-12).  His procedure went well, but didn't work, so now not too sure what will happen. 

HLHSmommy
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I am very blessed to have a solid support group. There is always someone there when I need to vent. I feel like I am constantly venting about my fustrations with my son's father. I just don't understand how he claims he wants to be a part of our son's life, but it only seems to work out at his convenience. I know he visits our son more than some fathers, but the only presence he has provided, since leaving 6 months ago, is as a visiting playmate. I will be glad once I have some closure(divorce), and have accomplished a few of the life changes I am working towards. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN