Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 2: Get it Off Your Chest! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Today is Get it Off Your Chest!

Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today, make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to friends or family members in your support system.

The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes. They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return. They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

Is anything bothering you today?

What's bothering you?

Cash in a virtual coupon here!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Why do I get these phone calls all out of area?   Don't they  understand that if i don't pick up the phone they can always leave a message.  NO?  Then stop calling me, I don't  know you.  

TashaB82
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

omg yes! i am just frustrated with my dang roomates! they never do anything or clean up! makes me soooo mad!

babid14
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM
The only thing i can complain about is my back i have buldged disk and today it is killing me. Im always bending down to pick up the baby and it causes soo much pain. I do get help with the kids although it never seems to be enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

whats bothering me!!!why my friend delma is homeless shes known for 2 mos her lease wasnt being renewed she waited to the last minute to strat looking and is wanting her friend sto keep her stuff what well happen if i move in jan cause i migh.i dont really  has no where to go want the diog but it

Eve_3
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Hello fellow single mommies!
I would like to be able to see an actual professional for my ADHD so I can at least talk about my struggles. I have no insurance. I would also like to get badly needed dental work done! I also need to be able to go back to the chiropractor, but again, no insurance!
Oh, and inside my left heel is killing me with pain and burning, which is most likely plantar facitis, but who can afford great shoes or insoles when I'm just trying to figure out a freakin way to buy the $100 calculator my advanced but ADHD daughter needs for her algebra class!
lisaanne131
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

My biggest vent is while I love that both of my kids are busy with after school activities as a single mom of a preteen and a teenager its impossible to be at two places at one time.  And when I am able to time it right and do it all by the end of the day I am so tired of driving my car!  I understand road rage...but I now have a bag of candy corn in my car - seems to be helping :)

Chasesmommy143
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

The thing thats bothers me is that even though my son's father signed over his rights and I'm a descent enough mom to let him see his son he still stands him up and expects me to forgive him. I receive no support from him and I let him know everything with our child and he still takes advantage of me. It's good to have a sister who will be there for me whenever I need her but def. need to stand my ground!

Angel000Blue
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

We've actually had a god day! My only major complaint is that  my son is still SERIOUSLY fighting potty training. I'm starting to worry since he turned 3 in August & we need to accomplish this so he can go to pre-school frown mini

mommyoftwo261
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM

my little girls daddy never calls her to see how she is doing or anything but he can be with his oth er girlfried with 3 other kids  or sees her its been a year snice the lasttime we saw  him  thats  the only thing  i need to vent

kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I'm late for my sons speech AGAIN!! My mom just doesn't get how embarrassing it is and 15 mins late of a 45 min appt is a lot of time! It's not like I'm just taking him to do something he wants, it's something he needs! I appreciate her taking us since a cab would be 30 dollars but it's still frustrating grr :'( it's one of those days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)