Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Take Care of Mom Challenge - Day 5: Go On a Date! Bonus Day: WIN a CafeMom T-Shirt!!!

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 67 Replies

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom T-Shirt!

Make a Date With Yourself!

Today, we're giving you permission to set aside a couple of tasks that can wait until tomorrow and spend a little extra time on YOU (no guilt allowed)!

Tonight, put the kids to bed an hour early - or stay up an hour late - put aside the chores, pour your favorite beverage, curl up with a book, catch-up on some grown-up tv, listen to music, or just be quiet with your own thoughts.

When is the last time you made time for yourself?  Tell us what you did on your date!

One member who signs up for our Take Care of Mom Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom T-shirt!

Click here to sign up and to find the other challenge posts: Join our Take Care of Mom Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and other PRIZES!!!

Official Rules

• The Single Moms sweepstakes starts 10/15/12 at 4:00pm (ET) and ends 10/19/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to all 5 of the Challenge related posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom T-shirt.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/26/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM
It's been way too long. I am due for a pedicure soon and could use the alone time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aom1112
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Any time I'm a little lazy.. its my time.
Legalboxer
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Saturdays when i cant find someone to come be with my son at my soccer game, and have to leave him at his grandmother's, are usually the only time when i have some me time, as i play soccer with teammates.

AspensMama1537
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I have been really stressed out lately so I have tried to do this more often. Its helped
h_minkus
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup, I'm doing it!! Tonight, my older boys go to their dad's, so after the baby is in bed, I will be on my couch watching a MOVIE for once, instead of the same old TV shows. And I will be eating sweets guilt-free while drinking a hot cup of chamomile tea! 

Thanks for the idea! Can't wait for my date with myself tonight!!

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Hmmm...  The last time I was kid free I ended up making cub scout signs! 

I need to a better Me date. 

miabelladebra
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I am single and spent 99% of the summer with my kids. 

so after they started school, I choose a day to go walk around a beautiful town by myself,  to meander along the waterfront, to browse great little boutiques and to treat myself to a leisurely lunch at an organic cafe . It was relaxing and refreshing and recharging all at the same time! 

r_luvli
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I'm forgoing laundry today, to have lunch with my bff instead :)
rebeccan3
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

It's Friday so I will probably stay up later and have a glass of wine and read this book I've been wanting to finish up on but just haven't had time.  That sounds like a plan!!  : ) 

Vivian0331
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Well my boyfriend took tonight off work and is making me a special dinner. Idk what he is making its a surprise. I didn't know he had taken off work early until this morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN