Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids are hungry

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 34 Replies

Tonight is the fourth night in a row that my kids are going to bed hungry. They have a father who doesn't pay support, a grandmother who tells me that I need to manage my food better but then yells at me for not feeding them every time they tell me they are hungry, and my exhusband changed my address so I missed my monthly reporting form to renew my assistance so they won't help me either.

It's the worst feeling in the world to not be able to provide for my kids like they deserve. This is the whole reason I think they would be better off with other parents instead of me anymore.

Rocking the Pink Pride

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Why havent you applied for emergency food stamps? Have you been to local food pantries? What about dinner at the shelters? Have you contacted local churches? I understand what its like to be poor and having to do without certain things, but I dont believe there is any reason for people to go hungry with the wealth of resources for food nowadays. Same goes for coats and clothing. Im not criticizing you, just kinda shocked. I hope your situation improves soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Have you called United Way, local churches, foodbanks, etc.

Are they in public school?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
eventhough you missed your renewla time frame, you can still go to the office and get another one. i also agree with the other posts. you shouldnnot allow your kids to go to bed hungry when there are resources out here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Google Food Banks in your zipcode.

undefined

Danielle17T
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Oh I'm sorry momma I've been there b4 having to stretch food as long as possible! Definitely apply for emergency foodstamps& go to a food bank there's gotta b something I hope u figure it out& things get better I'm sure ur kids wanna b with u not another family another family might have more money but doesn't mean they're better! Good luck hunny!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Alot of places have food pantrys..churches, Salvation Army, my WIC office does. And there are churches and the Salvation Army that serve meals daily. You are not a bad mother. Be strong for your kids. They would not be better off with another family. My kids were in foster care and always wanted to come home with me. The foster home had lots of money but my kids wanted me. They have been back with me since July btw. Keep your head up. Things will get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
GO TO THE PA office and explain what happened. Go to a food pantry or church to get help. Get a job if you don't have one so you can feed your kids. Report your ex to child support so he does pay child support. I wouldn't be posting on a public social website that you haven't fed your kids in 4 days, that's considered neglect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM

You need to get some food for those kids.  Food bank, church, Social services, etc...

prdmama1154
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This breaks my heart. I agree with others, go to churches, food banks, even try wishuponahero.com
Do what it takes to get food in this little bellies :(
Do you work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I survived on ramen noodles and off brand Mac and cheese growing up. My mom snorted our child support though. It's not the best, but school lunches have us nutrition and that stuff got us by. It's like 33c a package. I hear there are a lot of people in your situation hence all the backpack food programs in schools. Maybe there is one in your area?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)