Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

not on the same level?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
Looking back I have realized that both my bd and ex-husband were nowhere near my level which caused some friction and dissatisfaction. To me it seems hard to get what you are bringing to the table. Have you ladies been in relationships with men whom are on your level intellectually, financially, etc? Do you think that it is possible to find a man whom wil be able to meet you where you are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM

They always say, there is someone out there for everyone!! Good luck!! Keep your chin up!!

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
It may not seem like it, but it is possible. Ive done it. Just set your sights higher and dont get involved with a man until you know where hes at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

yes its possible. just gotta stick to your standards but at the same time be flexible. to me, flexible is dating without expectations. being "too nice" is dating fools who dont have shit to offer.

hdchair
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Yes! I would love to have a connection with a man that can keep up financially. I don't need his money, but I don't want his lack of it to hold me back. I have fun and go places and want someone who can do the same. My last boyfriend was young and unestablished, so he held me back from so much. He sure was cute, though. I'm getting my priorities in order. Now this may sound weird, but whatever: when I think of that "perfect guy for me", right on the heels of that thought comes "he's too good for me"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Quoting hdchair:

Yes! I would love to have a connection with a man that can keep up financially. I don't need his money, but I don't want his lack of it to hold me back. I have fun and go places and want someone who can do the same. My last boyfriend was young and unestablished, so he held me back from so much. He sure was cute, though. I'm getting my priorities in order. Now this may sound weird, but whatever: when I think of that "perfect guy for me", right on the heels of that thought comes "he's too good for me"

maybe you think he is too good for you because you dont have enough confidence in yourself. If you feel like there are some things you need to improve in yourself (like all of us), then work on them. But dont ever shortchange yourself or put yourself down. Happy hunting!
MicahBoo07
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM

My ex had the money, job, place together, paid rent but he was crazy and controlling so had to run for my life but other than that he looked good lol. U just don't know how someone really is until u live with them because people can hide who they really are until ur in to deep.  

Its been since Feb. so I think I'm ready to move on now and find a man thats not crazy and controlling.

hdchair
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great advice, I should have been more specific lol I was trying to be funny :) I'd like a guy who doesn't smoke, so i quit smoking, yay. I'd like a guy who is active and fit, so i have GOT to work on my extra 30 lbs, etc. But don't get me wrong, I love me, and I know that whoever he is, he will be lucky to have me :-)

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting hdchair:

maybe you think he is too good for you because you dont have enough confidence in yourself. If you feel like there are some things you need to improve in yourself (like all of us), then work on them. But dont ever shortchange yourself or put yourself down. Happy hunting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Just found him 3 months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN