Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is this wrong of my boyfriend or am I losing my mind?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 35 Replies

Hello! My boyfriend has been living with me and my 2 boys for about 3 years now, we were together for 2 before that. We have been dealing with a situation with my teen son for almost 2 months that has put a lot of stress on our family. My teen met a 25 year old woman on the internet, he is 15. We have done everything we can to keep him from talking to him, feeling it's highly innapropriate. During this time my boyfriend has called my son a few names out of the heat of the moment. My son told me about these names and is upset. I confronted my boyfriend and asked him to not do that and asked him if he would do that again. He said he might if he feels he needs to.I don't think it's a good idea to call a child a name at any moment. I am sticking up for my son and told my boyfriend he could move out. He says he won't and thinks that I am being high strung over the name calling. My son is having self esteem issues like many kids do at his age. Am I really being out of control? Please help I need advise!

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
What kind of names?
I would always choose my kids over any man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Nobody should be name calling. What was he calling your son?

I don't have teens myself. But I am 24 almost 25. And I wouldn't even think about talking to a 15 year old boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM
what kind of names?

I mean if he saying your son is acting like a bonehead....well he is and I don't see that as name calling.

however, my kids come before any man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redsalamander73
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

He called him a dumbass when he caught my son with a phone for the 3rd time (a phone my son wasn't to have)

Redsalamander73
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Yeah it's gross, I've got a restraining order on her now and a case with the sherrifs office

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
did he say it like stop being a dumbass or did he say it like you are a dumbass.

I mean I tell my six year old to stop acting like a fool when he is acting foolish.

I'm not calling him a name. but some people may see it that way.

Quoting Redsalamander73:

He called him a dumbass when he caught my son with a phone for the 3rd time (a phone my son wasn't to have)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redsalamander73
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

He also told my son he was a coward

kagegirl
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM
First of all, you can file a restraining order against the woman on you're sons behalf. You have that right. Second, evict his ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Not to be mean, but do you think your son is playing you guys against each other?!  I'm sure that your son knows it isn't "right" (for lack of a better word) to be interested in a 25 year old woman yet he disobeys you as his parent and does it anyways.  He's old enough to know better imo.  Have you considered counseling for your son, and maybe as a family as well? 

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
He probably shouldnt have called him a dumbass, but I dont see kicking the bf out over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)