Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I Wrong?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

DD is 7 months now. Her dad has still never seen her (just due to him being stupid) nor made any other effort to support her. Out of the blue a few days ago he sends me a text asking if I wanted to go w/ him to Texas for New Year's so he & his side of the family could meet the baby. He wants us to stay with him at his mom's. Needless to say we haven't even seen each other since I was about 3 or 4 months pregnant w/ dd. I told him that i wouldn't stay with him at his mom's, but me & dd would go stay at my aunt's house down there & they could come visit her there. He got mad & blew me off. But am I wrong for telling him no?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Not at all. You offered an alternative that would have worked for both of you and HE choose not to accept it. There is no need to stay with his mom, especially if you haven't seen him in so long. Good job for standing your ground! You absolutely did the right thing.

MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

not at all i mean if its been over a year and then out of the blue he calls with a request like that its a little odd and i would feel uncomfortable but the thing you did was not turn him down flat (which is kind of what he deserves) but offer an alternative you were more than fair. He needs to pump his breaks for a minute and try to spend a little bit of time getting back in your and your childs life before making a request like that. Good for you for being able to compromise not your fault he wasnt.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Not at all. How could he expect you to stay with him? You did the right thing in offering an alternative for him to see the baby. If thats not good enough, its his loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cw619
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM

No way. I would have done the same thing, but I probably wouldn't have even agreed to going with him. Is it possible that his family thinks your guys are still together? or that he is involved with the child? My BD tried to do that once when his family was in town and he had only seen his child once.

rvb146
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. That's a really awkward situation that he asked you to be in. You gave him an alternative but he completely shut it down. His loss. Not yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Thank you!I didn't feel like I was being a butt hole, but he just made me feel like it the way he acted after I said I wouldn't stay with him.

Quoting LauraMH:

Not at all. You offered an alternative that would have worked for both of you and HE choose not to accept it. There is no need to stay with his mom, especially if you haven't seen him in so long. Good job for standing your ground! You absolutely did the right thing.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yeah & that was my point, I felt uncomfortable. I mean why would I stay w/ someone who left me to take care of our child by myself?!

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

not at all i mean if its been over a year and then out of the blue he calls with a request like that its a little odd and i would feel uncomfortable but the thing you did was not turn him down flat (which is kind of what he deserves) but offer an alternative you were more than fair. He needs to pump his breaks for a minute and try to spend a little bit of time getting back in your and your childs life before making a request like that. Good for you for being able to compromise not your fault he wasnt.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I swear i think he bumped his head!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Not at all. How could he expect you to stay with him? You did the right thing in offering an alternative for him to see the baby. If thats not good enough, its his loss.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I wasnt even considering traveling with him lol. 9 times outta 10 he's driving. I cant handle bein in the car w/ him for 12 hrs straight rotfl!and honestly thats the main thing ive been trying to figure out...like why is he now wanting to put on a show for his family? He's gotta be telling lies & i just refuse to play "happy family"! He's seen four girls (and currently dating 1 of the four) since we broke up. He thinks idk, but new mexico is small & ppl talk!

Quoting cw619:

No way. I would have done the same thing, but I probably wouldn't have even agreed to going with him. Is it possible that his family thinks your guys are still together? or that he is involved with the child? My BD tried to do that once when his family was in town and he had only seen his child once.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Nope, I wouldn't either.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)