Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Needing some input. :)

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm thinking about creating a single mom group on meetup.com for my city. I would love some input from you ladies. If you can answer the question it would be helpful Thanks ladies :)

1. What would you look for in a get together group in your city?

2.What activities would you be interested in?

3. How often would you want meetups in the group?

4. How likely would it be to have a adult ladies night out?

5. What would be the biggest reason you would join a single mom meetup group in your city?

If you have anything else you feel like adding as insight that would be awesome. I'm going in this kinda blind.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Barblicious
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Good luck.

1. Well I work full time, so get togethers in evenings and weekends.

2. Various things probably, for moms only - movies, dinners, dancing - for moms and kids in tow - endless options there - it would depend on the group wouldn't it?

3. Depends, I wouldn't be able to attend them all, so again the group size and other member availablity would probably dictate that.

4. Probably very likely. I have a hard time finding women friends to go out with. Most of my friends are marrieds, and with kids so it is hard to plan a girl's night.

5. The reason posted under #4. LOL!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Good luck! Great idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM
All I have to say is I joined one on meetup but there's only been one that includes the kids and atleast 3 adult only ones a week and I never get to go bc umm yeah I'm a single parent lol I know a lot of people that do get a day out during the weekend but it'd be nice for *some* child friendly ones so that's my suggestion :) also I joined a group that waited for a few members so we could see when was best and make place suggestions before they did the first meetup. Good idea btw!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM

1.  Moms who are like minded - have same age kids, single, widowed, divorce and/or sahm.

2.  Whereever any place might be free or fairly cheap to meet - walking, hiking, going to the beach, park, street fairs, etc.  Once the group knows each other fairly well, then begin to have play dates rotating at each others home - this might be better alternative for the cold/winter months while going to the beach or park or any other outside place in the warmer months.

3.  Depending how large the group is, where the meetup is going to be, etc.  1x week, or 2x a month.

4.  Likely - it would be nice to have a Bunco night - so if you have a large group of women 12 can be invited at any one time so no one has to come to all ladies night out - I would say once a month. 

5.  Meet other moms of same age kids and getting out of the house.  Possibly having smaller gatherings with 2-3 moms once in awhile. 

6.  For the large group - have attendance records/small fees included  for the monthly ladies night out and adding any additional activities throughout the year .  (Somewhat like a Co-op community).

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Thanks a lot ladies :)

My reason for asking is because I just want ideas of what other single moms are looking for and interested in.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Good luck, MamaFLgurl.  I hope you are able to get the responses in your neck of the woods.  I like your ideas and I hope there are plenty of enough single mamas in your area that respond positively.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)