Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Feel like ex-mil still plans to take my kids

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 33 Replies
When i picked up my kids on saturday. The ex fil and mil always say something. They use about two days out of the month because they "don't want any fighting". He visits the kids at their house and they sometimes ask if he called me without their knowledge. If they want to run his life fine. Their controlling nature took a huge toll on the marriage. But oh well, that is done.

I was trying to get my two year old his medicine and they mentioned they are leaving town and asked if i wanted ex to visit. I said that is up to him but I am the one being the parent and doing my share of the parenting and his. Ex-mil mumbles "yeah For Now" and ex fil starts saying how they appreciate all i do blah blah. That "for now" really bothered me.

From the moment I had our first son ex mil was urging him to divorce me and try to get custody. Then when we argued she would give him money to stay at a hotel as long as he promised to leave. I was five months pregnant with second son. He was gone for a week and from then forward was constantly leaving.

When we were divorcing he would tell me "when they are older they can decide to live with me". Then i got custody and she is being super nice. It seems she still wants to try to get my kids away from me.

Any thoughts? I doubt she will ever stop. During the divorce she even called cps. They closed the case but this is exhausting. Is there anything I can do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Stop letting them see you boys without you there. And stop letting them get to you, it's what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Just what I was going to say.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Stop letting them see you boys without you there. And stop letting them get to you, it's what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do they want you away from your children? Have you ever given them reason to feel you are an unfit mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM
This has been since my first son was born. When she said "spare the rod spoil the child" i told her i didn't believe in spanking. She said to put q tips in my son's ears and i cleaned them with a wash cloth. For differences like these, they would tell me that they could take my kids. They are used to their son doing what they ask without question. Disagreeing made them pretty furious. Even though her son is an absentee father, they are still convinced their parenting methods are 100% right.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Why do they want you away from your children? Have you ever given them reason to feel you are an unfit mother?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM
A guy I dated after my sons dad and I broke ups parents were like that. They tried telling me how to parent my son who wasn't even related to them. People are crazy sometimes. I would just keep away from them and not let your children around them unless you are there.

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

This has been since my first son was born. When she said "spare the rod spoil the child" i told her i didn't believe in spanking. She said to put q tips in my son's ears and i cleaned them with a wash cloth. For differences like these, they would tell me that they could take my kids. They are used to their son doing what they ask without question. Disagreeing made them pretty furious. Even though her son is an absentee father, they are still convinced their parenting methods are 100% right.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM
She's talking out of her ass. They can't take your kids from you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Your MIL is a piece of work.  No wonder your ex is a loser.  He follows her lead.  She's trying to push her way of raising on a child on you.  You are a good and capable mother of raising a child.  Forget about the ex-MIL's comments.   Unfortunately, you can't stop the visitations, so just let things go.  As far as the ex family members wanting to take custody from you (including the ex moron) let them try and do it.  There's no real abuse going on.  Just a bunch of boneheads. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I agree with this.  Do you have to take them over there and let them see the kids?

Quoting tyfry7496:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

So you want CPS involved?

ImaSoulMom
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. You are right. I can't stop the visitation because she uses ex's time with them. He left me a message saying this was what he wanted. I guess that's true. Let them talk all they want.

Quoting steviechick:

Your MIL is a piece of work.  No wonder your ex is a loser.  He follows her lead.  She's trying to push her way of raising on a child on you.  You are a good and capable mother of raising a child.  Forget about the ex-MIL's comments.   Unfortunately, you can't stop the visitations, so just let things go.  As far as the ex family members wanting to take custody from you (including the ex moron) let them try and do it.  There's no real abuse going on.  Just a bunch of boneheads. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)