Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

does it bother you...

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM
  • 198 Replies
3 moms liked this
when you hear a married mom say she's pretty much a single mom because her husband hardly helps?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM
8 moms liked this
Yes. Not the same at all. Kinda like when my friends with two kids tell me they know what its like for me to have twins. No. You don't. Completely different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM
18 moms liked this
Nah. Coz i understand what they mean. I used to say same thing when i was married. Most times when i was married it was like i was doing everything. Makes you feel like your partner skipped wanting to be a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM
8 moms liked this
Oh yeah. I was that single married mom, but he supported us financially, so I never said that. Being on both sides, this is way harder. Regular worries with the having to work thing thrown in...yep, not the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Try not to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hdchair
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM
8 moms liked this
I remember feeling that way, too. Now I'm single, I don't think it's the same at all. I guess it depends on hubby. Sometimes a man can be just like an extra child (especially if he has no job).
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this

I have plenty of married friends who constantly complain about their husbands laziness.  I can relate to that even though I'm single as I was married at one time.  My ex was the type that literally sat in front of the tv and did nothing around the house.  He would actually go sit in his Lazy Boy chair while I did the dishes, washed the clothes, dusted, vacuumed AND mowed the lawn.  My ex was the laziest man on earth.  I felt like his maid. 

iHay
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
No because i dont care what other people say to describe their feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Nope, it was their choice.
AO-88
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm in that position actually. I felt that way when with mstx and it felt the same after I moved out with our son and still feels that way now that I'm staying here again. I guess it depends on the man but yeah you can't help how you feel and I feel like a single mom. Which is why I'm going through a divorce figured I'm doing it on my own so might as well get child support for it to help at least that way.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

YES!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN