Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What is Up with this Guy?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have a friend in WA I went to visit back in April. We hit it off and had a good time. We still txt all the time. In June he said he would rather be there for me and encourage/support me in the choices I make in life. I was fine with that and went on my merry way. He still kept in contact and is now the one person whose opinion I value the most. This past week he has been texting more. Sometimes I'd go for 2 weeks without a word and now it's almost daily! I won't lie, I do care a lot for him and love him as a person. We don't talk about sex or anything like that...more about life and such.
Ladies, I just feel a little confused. Any input?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Just go with the flow and see what happens. If curiosity is getting to you, just ask him :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I agree with this mom.  I would just have to be honest and ask him about the change!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Just go with the flow and see what happens. If curiosity is getting to you, just ask him :-)

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Since he is that close to you and you value him as much as you do just come out and ask him what he feels about sex.  Perhaps he's holding back because he thinks you aren't ready yet.  Well, you are. ; )

molly_ann
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM
LOL!! Oh, we weren't little angels ;) I think the whole hotel knew my name! LMAO!!

I do have feelings for him but rather keep them to myself. I don't think it's fair for either of us to start something when we're 1800 miles apart. I am planning to visit Seattle again in may and he's my tour guide. He made sure I saw what I had mentioned except the stratosphere. Plus our plans are to open a gym one day.
I could ask him but I don't want to seem like I'm wanting more from him :/

Quoting steviechick:

Since he is that close to you and you value him as much as you do just come out and ask him what he feels about sex.  Perhaps he's holding back because he thinks you aren't ready yet.  Well, you are. ; )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Confused about what?  I am confused, maybe your wanting the sex?  dk.

iHay
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I wouldnt say anything and just go with it, maybe offer a little innocent flirting or if he flirts then flirt back. Let him know you are interested in a subtle way but dont push it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM

most men like convenience ina  serious relationship and being that you arent close to each other it wouldnt be convenient. id take it as a friendship and if you like hooking up with him do so but dont make it a priority and dont take it serious. if you arent good at separating feelings, dont hook up.

if you are friend smaybe just be frank and talk to him.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I'd say just take it one day at a time. Right now it sounds like you want to be friends with benefits. If you're not ready to share your feelings with him, then don't. Sometimes it's better to just see how things go before you start talking about feelings, some guys scatter when that happens.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

You mean the Space Needle right?

Go to Mt Rainier too. It's gorgeous.

Quoting molly_ann:

... I am planning to visit Seattle again in may and he's my tour guide. He made sure I saw what I had mentioned except the stratosphere. ...
Quoting steviechic

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Id keep him as a friend. Sounds like good friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)