Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

vent.

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have no friends that are my age with children so I really have no one to talk to about my life because they wouldn't understand. I try not to complain and I can honestly say i'm a good mom compared to a lot of girls I know of. I try to stay positive. I'm in school and job searching. I don't want to mention that i've been on four interviews and still jobless. I don't know what's wrong with me. My baby's father makes me just want to cry. I feel like I have to beg him to do something for our daughter and I only ask of him when I am truly in need. He literally lives two minutes away and comes to visit her once or twice a month. Its all just sad. I'm so tired of repeating myself to him telling him to be a better father. I'm so tired of him lying to me and the world. He's always mentioning our daughter on his facebook saying how he loves her and does everything for her but in reality, he is a deadbeat. I don't know why he puts on a facade. I can't understand it. I'm completely not okay with the way things are but its nothing I can do to change them. The most logical thing I can come up with is cut off all contact and move on. It hurts me that he would risk losing her and me but maybe this is what he wants..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cw619
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I know just how you feel.. this was me a few months ago.. How long until you finish school? I found it was just easier to find a job once I had finished and didn't have that school schedule to work around. But unfortountley that doesn't help pay the bills.. Holidays are coming up have you thought about looking into retail or something like that til you can find something else?

My sons father also does the same thing with our son on facebook, only thing is he hasn't contacted me or seen my son since may when I finally had enough. I felt like I was always pushing for him to see our son and he would always break his plans to see him. Do what you feel is best for you daughter, maybe if he knows your serious he will stop playing around

FirstTimeMama21
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I left my bd before my son was born. He would go as far as lying about having full custody of my son, watching him every night, paying for two households, wtc. He has never met my son, provided a penny, not on the birth certificate. He moved in with a woman with two children. All I can say is GOOD RIDDENCE!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karmajay
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I have had interviews for all retail spots, still awaiting one response from an interview I had yesterday. I don't know what it is about me that they don't like but i'm praying that this job will come through for me. This is my first semester in college so I have a long way to go... May was so long ago. How do you deal with it? I find myself in tears about my situation.

Quoting cw619:

I know just how you feel.. this was me a few months ago.. How long until you finish school? I found it was just easier to find a job once I had finished and didn't have that school schedule to work around. But unfortountley that doesn't help pay the bills.. Holidays are coming up have you thought about looking into retail or something like that til you can find something else?

My sons father also does the same thing with our son on facebook, only thing is he hasn't contacted me or seen my son since may when I finally had enough. I felt like I was always pushing for him to see our son and he would always break his plans to see him. Do what you feel is best for you daughter, maybe if he knows your serious he will stop playing around

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karmajay
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Lol. I will never understand what the lies are about.

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

I left my bd before my son was born. He would go as far as lying about having full custody of my son, watching him every night, paying for two households, wtc. He has never met my son, provided a penny, not on the birth certificate. He moved in with a woman with two children. All I can say is GOOD RIDDENCE!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cw619
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM
He left when he found out i was pregnant and has only seen his son 5 times. So it really hasn't been hard for me because he was never there from the start. Weve been in the process of court so that is the most stressful part. He's an alcoholic and has a violent past.

Look into your school to see what they may be able to help you with in looking for a job. They may offer intern ships. My school had a job board with local companies that were hiring and they often hired students to work at the school

Quoting karmajay:

I have had interviews for all retail spots, still awaiting one response from an interview I had yesterday. I don't know what it is about me that they don't like but i'm praying that this job will come through for me. This is my first semester in college so I have a long way to go... May was so long ago. How do you deal with it? I find myself in tears about my situation.

Quoting cw619:

cw619
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you on the good riddance :)

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

FirstTimeMama21
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Honestly! Who the hell is he trying to impress! It certainly will never be my angel baby. As far as I'm concerned he's just an accidental sperm donor lol

Quoting karmajay:

Lol. I will never understand what the lies are about.

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this
should you beg him? no. let him do it on his own or not at all.

should you cut him off? no. leave the door open but put the ball in his court.

should you move? if you can get a job elsewhere, yes.

block him on Facebook, its clearly upsetting you. stop worrying with what you can't control.

remember that prayer....

god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

learning the difference is the hard part. but the most important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karmajay
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Thank you! I really appreciate the positive feedback. I honestly said the prayed out loud and will make a effort to say it everyday.

Quoting happymommy1105:

block him on Facebook, its clearly upsetting you. stop worrying with what you can't control.

remember that prayer....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I'm not saying its easy but Damn it helps!

I have to remind myself.....you can't change him. you can't change his choices. this isn't your problem.

it does get better. just keep your head up and really try to realize what is and is not your responsibility. and if you need to, ask! that's what we are here for!

Quoting karmajay:

Thank you! I really appreciate the positive feedback. I honestly said the prayed out loud and will make a effort to say it everyday.

Quoting happymommy1105:

remember that prayer....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN