Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Church and the new GF

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
So, when my husband of 10 years decided he wanted a divorce, one if the first things I did was to get involved with a local church. I tried a few different ones and found a place that I felt comfortable and that had a good kids program for my son. Fast forward a few months and my husband has started dating a girl who is way younger, prettier ect. And she goes to the same church that I attend! When they announced their relationship, she said she would find a different church. That was two weeks ago. I guess they went to two different churches over the last two Sundays. This morning I go to church, same time and place that I've gone every Sunday since I moved out. Guess who's there? That's right, the new GF. What the heck? It makes me sick and sad and angry to see her. I'm sure she's nice. But come on, he's a married man! Our divorce will probably be final in about 8 weeks, but until then he is still married. Plus she spent all of last weekend sleeping in my bed, cooking in my kitchen and hanging out with my husband and son. How can she show her face in church? What a complete lack of character!

Why can't I have this one place of my own?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
h_minkus
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I guess it's good that his new gal even GOES to church, but I feel for YOU! That would totally turn my stomach.  Hugs!!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this
It's a church. She can go there too, you don't own it. It's best to view the marriage as over since even though the divorce ain't final, you aren't getting back together. I viewed my marriage as over the day I moved out. I know it's hard but it's better of you focus on yourself and not on them and what you used to have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
If she's attended there a while, like before you started going there, it's not her place to move churches, it's yours cause she was there first. If she started after you did then yeah, she should go elsewhere.

As for you judging her, that's not your job, it's God's. Plus, church isn't for perfect people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

*Hugs Moma*

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

hugs I know the feeling. My ex's GF was looking for a new church & she lives down the street from the church I grew up in & have been at for 20 years now. My kids attend that church! When she asked if I knew anything about the church (because at one point she & I were on speaking terms) I told her I go to the church. She ended up showing up- with their child- & sat behind MY kids & me! Oh & I was scheduled to sing that morning. Normally I am not a person who gets nervous before or during my song. I just get nervouse after for some reason. But that day... I was SHAKING! I KNOW I was nervous- I could hear it while I was singing! My voice was shaking while I was singing!

I hope she finds a new church FAST! The *good* thing about this girl your stbx is seeing is that she wasn't the reason for your divorce (at least that is what I got from this post). I know it still hurts knowing he would rather be with her & the fact that she is in YOUR house. But you don't have to worry about the whole "what made him chose her over me" issue like I do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)