Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Phone call yesterday had me devastated but today I am so relieved!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 14 Replies

So my ex boyfriend (the one that was locked up) got released last weekend. 2 days before he was released he called me and we talked about us and what we would do once he came home. I told him not to come see me that weekend because I already had plans but this weekend would be fine.

I haven't heard from him since he's been home so I called his mom yesterday to see how she was doing and how he was doing. She said she was doing fine and he was doing fine as well and that he was over at some girl's house.

Now I knew about this girl beforehand because he told me about her while he was locked up and how he had started writing her after I had stopped writing him for about 6 months. Anyways, I wasn't really hurt over it, I was just mad because we had made plans for one and for 2 he called and spent time with her before he called me and spent time with me seeing as that we've been together (off/on) for 5 years.

ANYWAYS, so last night while at work I realized that hearing this may have actually been a good thing. Its my way of letting him go completely and not worry about hurting his feelings or trying to figure out how to break things off.

With both of my jobs, school and my son I'm too swamped for a relationship right now anyways. Anyways, thought I'd just share :)

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
:) sounds like it was a good thing, to me too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

(HUGS) I would definitely takes this as a way out. Press on

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I would go with it. Thank Karma and let him off easy. 

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
That's a good thing. More women need to let go of on again off again relationships. Those men aren't committed and to ad he's a jail bird. You deserve a real man tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yep and I plan on waiting until he comes along. In the meantime though I have a fwb. :)

Quoting MeeshMom:

That's a good thing. More women need to let go of on again off again relationships. Those men aren't committed and to ad he's a jail bird. You deserve a real man tho!

SinceresMomma
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Sounds like your on a good path!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Good for you.

strngenough
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Good for you. Sounds like you are way too good for a guy that gets locked up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting PaperClip811:

:) sounds like it was a good thing, to me too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)