Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Baby Fever..

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

Never thought I would want another... went through a terrible time with my daughter's dad who I was with five years.

I am now with a wonderful man who treats my daughter like gold. He has an 18 year old son who he has not had much of a relationship with due to his son's mother and living in a different state. 

Basically, I'm having baby fever.. all I can think about is wanting another baby and wanting to give him one.  He never talks about it, but he has said before that he wants more babies and used to joke about having a bunch with me. 

I don't know how to talk to him about it... I don't know if it is even the right time.. but I am going crazy with hormones. It has been about 2 months I have been like this.

What do you ladies think??

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I have one ds who will be 8 years old in January, I've wanted another baby since he was about 4 or 5 years old. It doesn't help that about 5 or 6 moms on my FB page have had babies or are still pregnant. I have a friend on my FB page who just gave birth to her 4th child yesterday and she's 24. So she now has 2 boys and 2 girls.

My other friend is 34 weeks with her 2nd child and her son is 6 years old. A lot of friends have had babies within the last year so I know how you feel.

As far as talking him about it, it can't hurt. Just broach the subject easily and see what he says. Good Luck!

Kace323
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I'm not super sure how to go about it! Other people's kids definitely make me think about it more. Here's a shocker.. he and I have only been together like 6 months, this is why I am SOOOOO hesitant about it.  Honestly, he and I have a much different connection than most people.  We get along at all times and everything about us feels different than before.  I know in my heart that he is the one and that we will be together, as for asking for a baby already.. don't know how it's going to go!  He is 38 and has an 18 year old son, I am 25 with a 2 year old... I'm worried that he has a limited time to have babies..

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I have one ds who will be 8 years old in January, I've wanted another baby since he was about 4 or 5 years old. It doesn't help that about 5 or 6 moms on my FB page have had babies or are still pregnant. I have a friend on my FB page who just gave birth to her 4th child yesterday and she's 24. So she now has 2 boys and 2 girls.

My other friend is 34 weeks with her 2nd child and her son is 6 years old. A lot of friends have had babies within the last year so I know how you feel.

As far as talking him about it, it can't hurt. Just broach the subject easily and see what he says. Good Luck!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

how stable is the relationship, how long have you been with him? def do NOT pop a surprise. this needs to be discussed at length. if hes not living with you or its been less than ayear i venture to say its too soon.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM

its too soon.

men can always make babies. you have 10 + baby making years. wait on it.

Quoting Kace323:

I'm not super sure how to go about it! Other people's kids definitely make me think about it more. Here's a shocker.. he and I have only been together like 6 months, this is why I am SOOOOO hesitant about it.  Honestly, he and I have a much different connection than most people.  We get along at all times and everything about us feels different than before.  I know in my heart that he is the one and that we will be together, as for asking for a baby already.. don't know how it's going to go!  He is 38 and has an 18 year old son, I am 25 with a 2 year old... I'm worried that he has a limited time to have babies..

Quoting SexyDiva19:

stormystar15
by Jessica on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I have to agree with faerie on this one. It's to soon

Quoting faerie75:

its too soon.

men can always make babies. you have 10 + baby making years. wait on it.

Quoting Kace323:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I think that marriage or lifelong comittment should come on the table first.  I'm having baby fever too.. its awful! lol I just hold anyones baby I can get my hand on! I was just recently married, he is also an amazing person and father figure to my son. We have talked extensively about babies, how many, how far apart, circumcision, breast feeding, how long to take off work, carseats etc... we're still a few years away from trying, though. So Ill just keep stealing my friends babies. 

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Go for it!!

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If you've only been together for 6 months I'd say wait. Do you live together? 6 months is not long enough to truly know someone and how they truly are although people have gotten pregnant in a lesser amount of time.

Men unlike women really don't have a time limit on making babies. The oldest man to father a child is 96 years old. Just wait it out and see what happens. I know it's hard but you can do it!

Quoting Kace323:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

owl0210
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Personally I wouldn't have a child with someone unless he was my husband and he should be in his other child's life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kace323
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

He had trouble being a part of his son's life when he was young because the mother moved far away, like 2000 miles. His son now lives within 20 minutes of us and he sees him a lot now, so he is doing what he should. 

Ladies, you're right I should definitely wait! And marriage is something that I really want as well as he.  We live together and he is a wonderful father figure to my daughter.

Quoting owl0210:

Personally I wouldn't have a child with someone unless he was my husband and he should be in his other child's life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)