Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi, I'm a single mom of 3 young, 1 college student & grandmother to 1

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have been a CafeMom member off and on for quite awhile. It's so difficult to keep up with all of the forums and social marketing that I lose track and, in addition to that, my health plays a large role in my inability to keep up. Add to that my responsibilities with the children and household and I'm sure you can imagine...

Re: health - I suffer from some invisible illnesses... sjogren's, fibromyalgia and multiple myeloma.

I'm a writer who started off as a newspaper and magazine journalist and I now enjoy the freedom of being a blogger who works mostly virtually for other clients.

That's me in a nutshell. As far as the single mom side, this is my second time at the rodeo and I never thought I would be here again. I guess I'm considered an old mom (I'm 44) this time around with 9, 7 and 5 year olds, but I was a young mom with my now 21-year-old daughter who just had my first granddaughter. She's now almost two months old.

Like most moms my children are my world; I just wish someone cared for me like I care for them.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. It'll take me awhile, but please don't give up on me if you send me a message or a request. I really have to take one moment at a time.

"Creativity is a gift so use it wisely!"

Petula W. --->typing

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barblicious
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Aww you are not OLD!

Gawd. I am 39 (40 in March) and I have a daughter that will be 3 at New Year. I am not old. LOL

Only as old as you feel they say. 

I am jealous you are a grandmother... I can only hope to be one some day. I certainly won't ever be a great grandma. 

I sympathize with your health issues. So hard when people can't see your illness for people to understand the suffering you endure. I hope your doing well.

I think it is wonderful you get to work as a paid blogger. I do my blog for fun, I was offered options to make money at it but that for me seemed like more work than the money was worth and I have a good career. For me the writing is a hobby, but I love to write. :) 

Welcome and no worries about stopping in whenever. That is the beauty of this place. :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Welcome to the group.  Just to let you know, your not the oldest here.  Sorry about that one.   You have your hands full with some little ones, be happy..  Being single has its perks.

PetulaW
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Oh I like being single, but I have no family or friends here and when attacks hit and I'm mostly stricken to bed or couch it would be nice to have someone around who cares for me.

Committed, not marriage. No titles.

PetulaW
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Thanks Barblicious (Love your name!) ... Well, they called me an "older mom" when I was pregnant with my second child at 35 and my third at 37, fourth at 39. I don't think I'm old although I sometimes feel old. Kids and health! Ugh. LOL :-)

Thanks!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissypup
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for another "older Mom". I'll be 50 just before Christmas. The kids are 25, 23, & 13. (All same dad)
Also a fibro sufferer. Can't imagine it with the others you are dealing with.
Look forward to hearing from you when you can check in. Hang in there. Wishing you a happy pain free day.
:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PetulaW
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Thanks Chrissypup (smiles @ the name!) Not too bad with the pain today... Trying to keep the worse of it at bay.

I hope you all are having a drama free, wonderful, single parent day.

AubreeG16
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Glad to have to you here! I'm Amber. I'm 17 and have 2 year old twins. :) and you are FAR from old!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barblicious
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Old  -I know they did that too me too, then when I was doing all the follow ups I happened to go on my birthday and the lady was shocked when I told her my age and said I look over 10 years younger! Tee Hee. 

I get tired probably more than if I were 20 years younger but heck she keeps me going. :)

Thanks for the compliment on my username.

Quoting PetulaW:

Thanks Barblicious (Love your name!) ... Well, they called me an "older mom" when I was pregnant with my second child at 35 and my third at 37, fourth at 39. I don't think I'm old although I sometimes feel old. Kids and health! Ugh. LOL :-)

Thanks!

PetulaW
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hi Amber,

Thanks for the welcome! It's especially nice because my oldest daughter is named Amber as well. :-) You must have your hands quite full with 2 year olds. My 9 year old and 7 year old are only 15 months apart (the 7 year old will be 8 in about two months) so I have a little taste of what it's like to have two at once. The youngest is just two years younger than the middle two. They always have my head spinning especially when they're all talking at once!

Looking forward to talking to you more.

Quoting AubreeG16:

Glad to have to you here! I'm Amber. I'm 17 and have 2 year old twins. :) and you are FAR from old!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN