Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hyperemesis...in other words, severe nausea during pregnancy

Did anyone else have this or heard of this. Its an illness 2% of preggo women get that cause severe nausea and pain. I lost maybe ten pounds and sometimes I'm vomiting three or four times a day, it makes me miserable. I was on medication to help, but now that I can't get any more until my next dr. appt, does anyone know any remedies for severe nausea??!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM
** that's an IV.

Quoting tyfry7496:

A classmate had this and she was hospitalized and ended up with an I'VE pump attached to her 24/7 to help her stat hydrated. She couldn't even keep water down. This is a serious condition that goes beyond severe morning sickness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I was on phenghen and it changed my life! :)
But now, its all out, i can't c my doctor for two wks fRom now, its torture! I wish it was something i could get over the counter, but u know everything is off limits when ur preggo :(
Ill try the b6, & c how its goes. I'm 14 weeks and with first, it didn't end till i was 6 months..ugh
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I had that. I lost 15 lbs by the time I was 3 months along. 5 of those were within a week and I was on Zofran the whole pregnancy from that point. If you get Zofran see if you can tolerate a half pill. It worked for me. I had to at the end when my Rx benefits ran out and had I known earlier on I would have done that to save money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyperMom38
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you just call the OB and tell them you are out of the med and ask them to call it into the pharmacy for you???? 

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

But now, its all out, i can't c my doctor for two wks fRom now, its torture! I wish it was something i could get over the counter, but u know everything is off limits when ur preggo :(
Ill try the b6, & c how its goes. I'm 14 weeks and with first, it didn't end till i was 6 months..ugh

PaperClip811
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Worth a shot, OP! My son typically gets his refills while we're in office but I have called before and it's been no problem.

Quoting HyperMom38:

Why don't you just call the OB and tell them you are out of the med and ask them to call it into the pharmacy for you???? 

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I had pretty bad morning sickness, but my doctor didn't believe in the traditional anti-nausea drugs.  I basically didn't eat anything but saltine crackers and water for the first 4 months, and then blessedly, things calmed down. 

I would chew on cinamon sticks sometimes, it helped a little... 

My friend had it bad though, and she ended up with a pump and was eventually hospitalized. 

HaveFaith1215
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM

My cousin went through this. The only thing that ever worked for her was (this is gonna sound gross) enema suppositories from her Dr. They would give her a week to two week supply packs. Between those she would munch on Sky crackers and would smell lavender oil. The first three months she couldn't stand the lavender oil but after that it would work for her. Hope you feel better!!  

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I got my phenghen now...total bliss :)
Jasuzha
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I had it all through my pregnancy and about a month and a half after. I lived on oyster crackers and ginger ale the first few months. Oyster crackers are better because you take smaller bites and there's less salt to irritate your system. You should also keep crackers and ginger ale next to your bed. If you wake up nauseous its best to not get up to get something because shaking your stomach contents when nauseous can make you throw up. They also make preggy pops. They're suckers that help with nausea. I never tried them. Once I got my prescription for Zofran, I lived on it. My OB nurse used to tease me that they weren't Tic Tacs. But they were the only way I could eat.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN