Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hyperemesis...in other words, severe nausea during pregnancy

Did anyone else have this or heard of this. Its an illness 2% of preggo women get that cause severe nausea and pain. I lost maybe ten pounds and sometimes I'm vomiting three or four times a day, it makes me miserable. I was on medication to help, but now that I can't get any more until my next dr. appt, does anyone know any remedies for severe nausea??!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
AMCMSM
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Get Sea-Bands at Wal-Greens they are by the Dramamine they really take the edge off.

mhaney03
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

With my 3rd, I was threatened with a feeding tube if I didn't get it under control.  I was down a total fo 20 pounds, 3 a week.

I had to be put on zofran, pepcid and reglan to control it.

ginger ale, sprite, everything plain

zoenlandonsmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I had it only thing that helped was the meds the dr gave me and iv fluids in the hospital

mommykate4
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

i did ....but not as extreme as some there were some weeks where i could keep stuff down during the 2nd and 3rd trimester..during the first trimester i couldn't work and just puked 24 7 then it got a little better but at 16 weeks i ended up in the hospital for a few days and also then again at 34 weeks...ughh not good..so for me there were some better periods but it was pretty bad..i had a girl...i know nothing that will help...the only stuffed that stayed down was horrible for me...:(

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Nothing helped me, sorry. I tried the ginger ale, crackers, etc but none of it stayed down. I lost over 30 lbs my first trimester, I didn't have health insurance and ended up in the ER frequently.
Retrokitty
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I didn't even get morning sickness at all thank goodness. I have a phobia of puking. I always feel like once I start puking I won't be able to stop.
GotSomeKids
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I was like this for 5 1/2 months with my daughter.  After having lost 18lbs, my doc said anymore weight loss and he is putting me on meds.  At about 5 1/2 months the symptoms started to subside.  Nothing natural helped me though. 

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I have it. I am 11 weeks and it isn't letting up! The only thing that makes the days even remotely bearable are those sea bands you can get at Walgreens or Walmart. And peppermints with natural peppermint oil. I have lost over 40 lb and am on the verge of being hospitalized. I have been able to hold down a little more this week because of the sea bands so hopefully I have leveled out a little.

I noticed you posted this on nov 7, about a month ago, has it gotten any better for you?
Seximama23
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I had hyperemeis and lived on tea, pretzles, and tums to resume the acid
tattymissy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

B vitamins and unisom. It's what my OB/GYN prescribed me with my first son. I had hyperemesis with my other pregnancies. That combined with the anti-nausea meds prescribed by my doctor helped a lot. Hopefully it won't last through your entire pregnancy like mine did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)