Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hyperemesis...in other words, severe nausea during pregnancy

Did anyone else have this or heard of this. Its an illness 2% of preggo women get that cause severe nausea and pain. I lost maybe ten pounds and sometimes I'm vomiting three or four times a day, it makes me miserable. I was on medication to help, but now that I can't get any more until my next dr. appt, does anyone know any remedies for severe nausea??!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bmama1
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM
When I was preg with twins, I barfed 10-20 times a day. Mints and lemonheads were the only thing that helped.
ms.momo3
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I had it. They put me on phenergen. Works well but knocks you out.
mommaoftwo
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

wasn't the Duchess just hospitalized for this?

ImATERRORIST
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I had it with my first pregnancy , nothing helped me. Not even zolphran the meds. I was hospitalized 3 times and lost 25 pounds. All i ate were saltens and I will never eat another one again in my life. 

MomofSCMJJA
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I did with my two youngest boys.  Although both were born healthy and good-sized (8 lb 1 oz & 8 lb 3 oz), I only gained 11 lbs with one and 6 lbs with the other.  I had to be hospitalized 4 times, plus several more of being treated for dehydration and then sent back home.

Amari06
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM
With my oldest who will be seven in January I had the "perfect" pregnancy.

With the other four since my daughter three ended in a miscarriage. The miscarriage I had in November of 2010 I had hypermesis so bad I had to have a PICC line put in and it would pump me full of fluids round the clock.It kept me out of the hospital since I had to be admitted four times within a month.

I also had to administer Reglan and take B6 vitamins. The reglan made me feel off after I took it but after about ten mins I was fine.

With my ten month old I was sick all day everyday. I also lost twenty lbs. I was in and out the hospital and no one seemed to be able to help me. I stayed sick on and off throughout my pregnancy. I tried all the home remedies and was even prescribed zofran and reglan but nothibt helped. Pregnancy becomes such a burden when you are vomiting all day everyday. Not being able to fulfill any cravings. My Dh said he would never get me knocked up agin lol.
Dazyjo
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM
B6+ unisom, crackers/dry toast, mint, ginger tea, coke, and weird as it sounds-dill pickles. Something about the salt/vinegar combo.
Ultra_
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Wow, that's crazy. Not even water. I had bad morning sickness my entire pregnancies all 3 times, but nothing like that.

Quoting tyfry7496:

A classmate had this and she was hospitalized and ended up with an I'VE pump attached to her 24/7 to help her stat hydrated. She couldn't even keep water down. This is a serious condition that goes beyond severe morning sickness.

popomill
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Try taking ginger. Stick to the BRAT diet, Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. My cousin had this, it went away after the first two months of so. Good luck and congrats!!

LucilleGray29
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I had it pg with my 1st now 5.If I threw up less then 5 times day is was the best day ever.My son had IUGR bc of it.I had a midwife who refused to treat until the doc stepped in at 5 months and asked me if I was beat.I had broken all the blood vessels in my face and was purple.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)