Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single mom assumptions....

Posted by   + Show Post
I feel like most people assume I'm struggling, barely surviving etc... Simply bc I am single. I see couples going through harder times then myself...

People refer to me being a single mom like its a disease, then insistently praise me for the good job doing it. Hmmm I'm a mother. End of story, with or without a partner I would be just as involved in my child's life.

The best us when people say ...how do you do it all? I'm like um the same way everyone else does. As long as you can truck through the day tired, and hungry lol, tomorrow will be a new day.... As long as my girl is smiling and happy I'm doing my job.

I would like to say to done of these judgmental people, that I wish they were half as good of a mother as me, they'd understand they just because I'm a lol bit more tired at the end of the day doesn't mean I'm owed a pat on the back, and I'm not looking for a handout.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-23):
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Single mother dont automatically mean poor. There are circumstances that lead to being a single mother. Some of us choose to be single mothers. Its goes back to the biblical days, people believe its better to live in a two parent household. Its a new era females are very independent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetlilM
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
People make a lot of assumptions about a lot of things! Usually without knowing the details. I've learned to let it roll off my back because, I know who I am and what I need too do to raise my children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I kind of hate it when I get praise for being a good single mom. Its kind of embarrassing for me. My best friend just had a baby and all she keeps saying is "i don't know how you did it alone with twins. You're superwoman!" over and over. I mean I appreciate what she is trying to say, but for some reason it irritates me. Maybe I'm just being weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)