Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not allowed to have male friends

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your current (or any past) significant other have a problem with you being friends (just friends - never been anything more) with the opposite sex?  Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with the opposite sex?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (181-190):
sakpoints
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Nope DH and I don't care. I have dealt with BF in the past that did not like me having any male friends but I refuse to put up with that now.

Megzboys
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

The few male friends that I have in this area are also friends with my husband and two of them are married.   My male friends from when I was younger are all married and live in other states so I only keep in touch by e-mail mostly so it does not bother my hubby at all and I know all of the women that he knows, so everything is just fine. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Good for you but I personally have not.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I have a ton of male friends that I have been friends with for a long time that don't just "want the pussy" I can think of one in particular who is like a brother to me and I have met his girlfriends and he has met my bf's I'm sure some do feel that way but I can think of at least 5 who dont and im sure of it cause this conversation has come up

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Yes my exhusband had a huge problem with me being friends with guys. I have no problem with my ex talking to females. but now i know that i should have not let him talk to them since he left me for some other married female. But i am better off now.

taymom2
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

yea my sons father is just like that he dont want me having any other guy around my son even if we are just only friends cause he says im tryn to replace him in my sons life but im not cause you cant replace someone  thats never been around but at the same time i made it clear to him as well not to be bringing other females around my son as well its just that feeling most ppl get of being replaced or the child liken the other person more then they like you .

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM

My ex-husband was very jealous of my male friends.

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I didn't have problems being friends with the opposite sex while I was married or while dating again , I think it depends on the person, but honestly your SO should have trust that nothing would happen because you want to be with him not this male friend.

BeanieBlue
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM

My SO and I are free to be friends with whom ever we choose. Gender doesn't matter.

I am a bit insecure due to horrible experiences with past relationships, so my only requirement is that I at least get introduced to all of his female friends, which he does.

He gives me free reign into his entire life and doesn't hide anything, so I'm not worried.

abusednotbroken
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Interestingly, both did and both had female friends. GO FIGURE! No, that didn't check out with me.

MsLogansMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I didn't post that to insult you (that is why I didnt quote your comment) I was posting to say different people have different experiences. If you were offended by that I hope you know it wasnt my intention. I agree with you on the fact that if I were to find out that a man I am friends with did have feelings for me other than friendship than out of respect for my bf, or, dh, or just the relationship period I would end the friendship with that man. But just in general I feel like my man needs to have enough trust in me and faith that I won't act on that mans feelings just like if my man were to cheat on me I'm not going to blame the female she isnt the one that has a committment to me he is so he needs to honor it kwim. Just because someone wants to be with me doesnt mean I want to be with them and the same goes for my significant other. If I cant trust him to have female friends then why would I want him. I guess I feel like a person is going to do what they want regardless and the only person I can control is myself I dont want to be in a relationship with someone who I have to put in check like he is my child and I dont want someone treating me like a child. This is just my opinion and I am always open to hear and respect other peoples opinions even if they conflict with mine

Quoting faerie75:

Good for you but I personally have not.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I have a ton of male friends that I have been friends with for a long time that don't just "want the pussy" I can think of one in particular who is like a brother to me and I have met his girlfriends and he has met my bf's I'm sure some do feel that way but I can think of at least 5 who dont and im sure of it cause this conversation has come up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN