Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not allowed to have male friends

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your current (or any past) significant other have a problem with you being friends (just friends - never been anything more) with the opposite sex?  Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with the opposite sex?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

My ex husband felt threatened by my guy friends (two of which were gay).  He said they were all trying to sleep with me, even the gay ones.  I told him to shut the fuck up and deal with it.  They were my friends before he was ever my boyfriend or husband and just had to accept it.  He bitched all the time.  I still hung out with them when we had free time.  I pretty much kept telling my ex husband to get the fuck over it.

morethanamemory
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex didn't like me having guy friends. He was super jealous so didn't want me talking to other guys and then later after he had cheated a few times was expecting me to get back at him for it. I used to not mind him having female friends till after he had cheated on me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Ashley on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I had an ex that expected me to end a ten year friendship with a guy friend just because he said love ya babe. He says it to all his female friends. My ex wouldnt even let me explain.
raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yes, my ex dh didn't like it. So I lost my friend...I shouldn't have but I did. I don't think it's right to ask that. My boyfriend doesn't have an issue with it nor do I have an issue with him being friends with any girls.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
3 moms liked this
It's all about trust.
iHay
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM
My husband doesnt want me to have male friends, doesnt matter cause i dont, and i dont want him to have female friends. I respect him for it and i am glad to have a man who wants us to be friends and wants to spend time with me and our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM

My ex did. Didnt like me talking to them or hanging out with them. One of the many reasons he's an ex.

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM
5 moms liked this
Couldn't date someone who has an issue with it.

Can't date someone I don't trust.
PrdMomma84
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have always had more guy friends then girl friends. I once had a boyfriend tell me he didn't like me with any other guys but him because he doesn't trust them..i couldn't talk to them, look at them, be in a car with them even if i needed a ride etc..then it got to the point where he would tell me i couldn't wear this and that...I didn't mind if he had any girl friends because I trusted him..but glad to say that relationship ended.

Melanie420
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM
My husband doesn't care because my guy friends are also his friends, I met them when I started dating my husband and he introduced me to them, and he has a female friend named Lauren who I love, all his other famle friends I liked as well but we arnt friends with them anymore
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN