Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not allowed to have male friends

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your current (or any past) significant other have a problem with you being friends (just friends - never been anything more) with the opposite sex?  Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with the opposite sex?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
aeneva
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Edhusband and exboyfriend both did and being a female engineer who is the ony female in the office all day makes it hard.  That is why this time around i knew I had to find someone who was not insecure and jealous and I did.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My ex's wouldn't allow (they hated) if I had male friends.... DF doesn't mind at all. He has female friends and I have male friends. I think it's a good thing to have a even balance of both between the two of you though.... too many girls for him, bad news, to many guy friends for you, bad news.... does that make sense?

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
If my SO had a problem w male friends then we couldn't be 2gether. Maybe that's y I am single. Lol. I have a lot of genuine male friends. I am like a sister to them & only having sex w about 2 of them. The sex means nothing cause they r both married. We do it & nothing more. No pillow talk or anything. They see me as a sister.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks veteran! (Veterans day)

Quoting JenB1983:

My XH didn't care. Of course he was also a serial cheater and probably figured I was the same way. Lol

My current S/O doesn't like that I have male friends......at all. However, I A) work first shift at a factory, one of four women, and the only machine operator. Of course I've made male friends. And B) was in the military, so anothervmale dominated profession. I had 28 years of living before S/O and I got together, and I will not change who I am because of him. None of the guys I'm friends with have ever been anything more. No romantic involvement or even a fuck buddy, so, IMO, he needs to get over it.

He has female friends(to include one that he drunkenly slept with in the past year), but I don't care and completely trust him.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

i have male friends & female friends once i get into a relationship he will know that 

ms-superwoman
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

My ex had a huge problem with my male friends. Most of my friends are male. So, it was a huge disaster!

morethanamemory
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM
O.0

I can't even think of anything to say to this.

I guess a SO would have problems with you sleeping with your friends ...

Do their wives even know?

Sorry for being nosey this kinda shocked me.

P.S. I can promise you no matter what they say or what you believe if they are sleeping with you its pretty safe they don't see you as a sister.....since ppl don't normally end up in bed with their sister. Just saying.

Quoting mrsary:

If my SO had a problem w male friends then we couldn't be 2gether. Maybe that's y I am single. Lol. I have a lot of genuine male friends. I am like a sister to them & only having sex w about 2 of them. The sex means nothing cause they r both married. We do it & nothing more. No pillow talk or anything. They see me as a sister.

Mena929
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an ex that was very jealous and didn't allow me to have any male friends. That is why he is an ex (well there are many other reasons as well).

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I know its bad. =(
Gonna answer u. Just seeing the rest of ur question!

Quoting morethanamemory:

O.0

I can't even think of anything to say to this.

I guess a SO would have problems with you sleeping with your friends ...

Do their wives even know?

Sorry for being nosey this kinda shocked me.

P.S. I can promise you no matter what they say or what you believe if they are sleeping with you its pretty safe they don't see you as a sister.....since ppl don't normally end up in bed with their sister. Just saying.

Quoting mrsary:

OneTiredMama86
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM

One of my Ex's didn't like me having either male or female friends. I wasn't aloud to even say I Love You to my sister. He was so bad that if anyone stopped by to visit me since I wasn't aloud to go out that he would either throw a fit worse then a child or hide in the room or leave when he came back then it was a never ending battle. He ended up cheating on me with one of my friends and so I broke up with him and since he was on the lease he wouldn't move and still tried to control it all to the point he would get violent. He was arrested and not aloud back. I vowed that I would never date another man that would control my every move like that.... I wont give up anyone I care about again..... regardless of what any man says. Its abuse all on its own. Now I realise that's extreme comparison but even if an SO cant stand them I wont let them go. They were there before the SO and will be after!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)