Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not allowed to have male friends

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your current (or any past) significant other have a problem with you being friends (just friends - never been anything more) with the opposite sex?  Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with the opposite sex?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 wife knows of us & the other wife doesn't know of us but she knows he cheats. The wives seem ok w it cause they stay with a man they know who cheats & the other wife had 2 kids by other men while married to my fwb. The guys seem to see me as a sister. At work & minus the sex w r just like anyone else. We have an agreement, if u want to make ur marriage work its over & we r friends w out benefits again and if I get in a relationship its over until/or if we break up.

Quoting morethanamemory:

O.0

I can't even think of anything to say to this.

I guess a SO would have problems with you sleeping with your friends ...

Do their wives even know?

Sorry for being nosey this kinda shocked me.

P.S. I can promise you no matter what they say or what you believe if they are sleeping with you its pretty safe they don't see you as a sister.....since ppl don't normally end up in bed with their sister. Just saying.

Quoting mrsary:

If my SO had a problem w male friends then we couldn't be 2gether. Maybe that's y I am single. Lol. I have a lot of genuine male friends. I am like a sister to them & only having sex w about 2 of them. The sex means nothing cause they r both married. We do it & nothing more. No pillow talk or anything. They see me as a sister.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaileysMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Nope, neither of us have friends of the opposite sex. I can hang out with him and his male friends if they were to come over but to have male friends that I talk on the phone with and go out places, no way. 

CrystalYaris
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

He says he doesn't mind me talking to my guy friends, and he knows my best friend is a guy. When he hears about me talking to my best friend, he gets aggrivated and goes off on me. Then turns around an hour later like it's no big deal that I called my friend.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Only time either one of us have a problem is if the friend was one of our past relationships. There are a couple exceptions (grade school relationships... lol). Really though, none of our opposite sex friends are able to come hang out with us on a daily basis. Most of our friends are couples anymore.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
My ex(daughters dad) didn't and still doesn't like me having male friends and if I do have them they aren't allowed around our 2.5 year old so they gotta come over when she's with him.

Btw he's married and hates any friends I have.
isell_avon
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I don't have any friends male or females :(

amomynous_j
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

you mean jealous and insecure? yah i've dated my fair share of them. 

HunternChase
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Yep my husbands hates that I have male friends.. They never likes each other.. But my male friends was to this day nice to my husband... My husband is so damn jealous of every one. He even has issues with me and my parents and sister., it pisses me off..
sj3starz
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I never had a problem with my dh's friends (male female or otherwise) though he has a problem with all of mine. It doesn't matter if they are male or female, he thinks I'm cheating. I think it's ridiculous, but at the same time we all have to make sacrifices in some way shape or form. I guess that's my big one. Friends in general.
amazzonia
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
My ex boyfriend was like that, that's why he is my ex, lol my husband trusts me like I trust him, we don't really care
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN