Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would you buy a gift from the kids to there dad

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 22 Replies
We are not devorsed yet and plain to spend christmas day togeather with or 11 month old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morethanamemory
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
My parents used to because we were to young to by presents. Now that me and my sis are older its on us to find our parents something.

I am still debating on if I am going to be that kind to BD since he does not help at all.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
No way. He has a girlfriend, that's her job now. Plus, he doesn't get me mothers day or Xmas so I'm not going out of my way for.him either. When the girls are old enough and IF they ask to, I will let them get him a small item, but for now, nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

No, especially since your child is so young. If the child were older and wanted to give a gift to their dad, then I would. However , you are about to be divorced and the child is an infant. I am not sure why you plan to spend Christmas day together, as your child is too young to really know if both parents are there or not. Are you planning to spend Christmas together in hopes of getting back together?

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

DD and I make her dad a present. I don't by him anything, but we make something for Christmas and a card for Father's Day. This year she's painting him a mug that I got at the dollar store. His parents do the same for me.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yes I would if my daughter say her father. It wouldn't be anything big but something small. I would hope he would do the same thing for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
If youre spending it together I think it would be appropriate. I did when dd was young but quit around 8-9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'd say whatever the circumstances are. 

mytrueloveS
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM

No, when he gets older if he chooses, he can buy him a present.  

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I used to until my son's dad got married. Now that's stepmom's job.

But given your situation, I would have something small wrapped and available in case he has something for you. :-)
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck him, lmao.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)