Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So hurt...Dont know what the next step is.

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years and we just had a beautiful baby boy this past May.... I wasnt myself being mean and lashing out and I guess he had enough we have been going through some issues these past few weeks heard from others he had been seeing other women... he started to become distant on his phone alot the computer not paying any attention to me or his son... he got fired from his job at the hotel he worked... he said they gave him no reason as to why they fired him but I heard through the grape vine it was because he was fooling around with guests... all in all at the end of the day last night I was at his apartment with our son and he thought I was asleep but I wasnt I caught him on his phone but he wasnt just on his phone he was being sneaky trying to hide it so when I comfronted him about it he flipped and said that its best were not together that Im crazy and he cant do this anymore.... Im so hurt I dont know what to do all I wanted was a family and to be happy and now he wants nothing to do with me... how do I continue... he hasnt helped me financially with our son he barely spends time with him... do I take him to court for child support? what happens now with custody??? HOW DOES ALL THIS WORK!?? He told me to give him the keys back to his apartment and I said no, once I get all my stuff (because everything there is mine) THEN Ill give you your keys back... was that wrong of me??? Please some opinions would really help!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like he's not ready and not a good person for you. Get your stuff out ASAP and give him back his keys then go file for child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
^^ what she said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zeyda
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Your the mother of his child. And to tell you the truth if she's going to kick both of you out then why do you even want him?. I'm going thru a break up aswell. Kinda like your story. He cheated on me. But he never kicked his daughter or I out. He still lends me his car and pays the bills. We're trying to work things out still. But if you were good to him and you gave him everything trust me. He's going to feel like shit. He'll be back. It's just up to you if you want him back. It's really hard. I know. But best thing I can tell you is to be strong for your self and your baby. Take it one day at a time. Best of wishes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Youre totally right. Hes flipped because he got caught and didnt want to own up to it. Keep the key till all your stuff is out. File for custody and support immediately and cut off all communication with him other than about the baby. Unless you want to forgive him and try again. Thats your decision, but know that once they cheat, the relationship is never the same again. It takes time and alot of work to rebuild. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilcuba8866
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

First step cry! cry oamd cry amd let it all out. Then when you have cryed enough get strong fast! REALLY REALLY FAST! because i am going to tell you the truth it will not be easy. Second step take him to court that money belongs to your son always remeber that everything you do from now on will be for him and not anyone else. Coustdy most likly will be eery other weekend type stuff. I am getting divorce because mine cheated on me too and we are going to court for child support in DEC of this year. He is pissed that i am taking him tell people lots of stuff about me but i dont care anymore i have to do what i have to do for my son. Keep your head up

MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I have nothing to add; the replies were right on point. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM

My ex cheated on me, too.  Once a cheater always one.  I'm a firm believer on this.  Get out of the relationship ASAP.  Don't look back and think "I should take him back and give him a second chance".  I've heard so many do this and they always get disappointed.  He cheated because he just didn't respect you enough.  Get out of the apartment, get custody and get that child support set up on a temporary basis until you get your day in court.  Don't look back.  Move forward to a much better guy - someone you will never have to second guess about ever again.  Keep positive.  Things will get better for you and your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)