Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

still young

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

How do u know when Ur ready to date again i have been fighting this for awhile sacred to have my heart broken again but don't want to be alone my hole life. I have tried but it didn't work and I'm not sure if it was because if him or i wasn't ready i have a three year old son. I have been single for almost two years and my sons dad left becuse he wasnt ready for kids. but we started falling apart after i found out i was having my son.

Forever loved

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM
You need to be happy in your skin only you can know when you are ready. Don't jump in too fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, it's been hard for me to date again.  I mean I've "dated", but since having my son (who is 8, btw) and having his father leave, none of the guys I've gone on dates with have felt right for a relationship.  

I actually just had a bad experience earlier this year with a guy who I thought was different but then turned out to be way too obsessive.  Honestly, I think I'm just alot pickier now than I used to be.  I don't want to bring someone into my son's life that isn't completely wonderful.

But, alot of people do find love again.  I've been told that when it's the right person and the right time, it'll just happen.  So, while I keep my eye out, I don't push it.  

mytrueloveS
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

When you feel ready.  You're going to have bad experiences once you start dating.  I started dating when my kid was 3; it took me one year to find someone.  Don't rush it or lose hope, there's someone out there for all of us, it just takes time and patience.  

PaperClip811
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
When youre happy with you is the time to start dating. You don't want someone to fill a void... You want someone to compliment *your* life.

I was single for 3 years. I dated around a little the last year. Had 1 bf for about 3 months... Then reconnected with an old friend who is now my husband and an amazing stepfather to my son.

But I took those few years to be happy with me, to figure out my life, to make sure I wouldn't fall into the same bullshit that made me a single mom in the first place. There's no guarantees in life but I feel like I'm on the right path, now :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM
You need to learn to be happy alone before getting into another relationship. You'll know when you're ready to date again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I agree with this.  When you decide that you are ready just make sure to take things at a pace that you are comfortable with.  Good luck!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

You need to be happy in your skin only you can know when you are ready. Don't jump in too fast

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Having your son is the most important date to have with at this time.  There are no men in the world who want's to be a part of another woman with a child.  It's hard yes, but as time goes by yu will find what you are looking for.

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I don't think there's a right amount of time. For me, it was about meeting the right guy and knowing I was ready. The only way to know is to explore. Take small steps. Let a friend set you up and go out on one date. If you don't like the guy try another. If you're asking these questions I think you need to figure it out for you at the moment. It was about at the 2 year mark that I started dating again. 

Good luck! I know you'll find someone awesome for you and your son!

lilred214
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:05 AM

thanks

steviechick
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I can't say anthing else and agree with what everyone else has said.  I've been divorced for almost a year and I'm totally ready to start dating.  I know my time will come and my prince will come.  I'm actually happy in my own skin.  I live alone and have a dog to keep me company.  I have a part-time job and a few friends.  My DD is attending a local college and has her own apt.  So, life is still good for me.  Good luck in your search for happiness.  We all deserve it eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN