Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Living with parents... Meh

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 32 Replies
Hi I'm currently staying with my mom n her husband until I can get back on my feet... Im a 31 working single mom of a 2 year old workI'm miserable but grateful at the same time. Anyone else feel the same?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I was the same way, but it was nice to have theory help, love and support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I used to argue with my mom a lot when I lived with her. It's hard, but I'm grateful she took me in and helped.
thatonemomof2
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Me! Just think it won't be forever :)
mhaney03
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I am living with my parents.  I pay $50 a month, $20 is for the Dell bill that is under my mom's name and the $30 is just because I am here.  I had to talk my mom into taking it because she's all "but you need the money" then a week later she asks me to pay her cell phone bill then takes a trip to Texas. WTF ever.  She's one of those people that has to be martyr.

I hate my dad, we tolerate each other but we don't speak unless we absolutely have to.  He's emotionally, verbally and mentally abusive.  I grew up with that.  He TRIED to start in on my kids and I let him know on NO terms would he be allowed to get in their faces like h did me.  My kids hate him as well, and when he walks into a room, they just walk out.  Good thing it's a big house.

I pay for all the food in this house and half the gas in the truck.  My child support was just doubled and I'm a sophomore in getting my finance degree so every day is just one step closer to getting the hell out of here.

justahousewife
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I've had to ask my mom to move in before because finances were tight. Besides having a live in babysitter it just wasn't worth it. I've rented out the spare room to a friend before also when times were tight. That wasn't as bad but it made it hard to date since the friend was a guy. LOL

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Been there, done that and its tough but always be thankful for their help and make sure they know it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Yep, and I pay the same amount in rent that I paid when I lived on my own. It bites. I live home though because I need her to watch my DS from the time I leave for work, till the time he goes to school.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

My house is up for sale.  IF it ever sells (ugh) there will be a waiting period before I get the money from the sale and am able to find a new place to live so my parents have said my girls and I can stay with them, they have plenty of extra rooms.  I am grateful, but I am also DREADING it down to my very core!!! My dad is fine, he's mellow and goes with the flow.  My mother......my mother.....she is the type to question every choice I make.  She butts in on parenting, work, money, EVERYTHING.  My sister and her children stayed with my parents for a year when she was on hard times and I felt so sorry for my sister watching my mom berate her everyday and complain about kid messes and anything and everything she could complain about.  Im seriously considering just taking out a loan for deposits on a new place and paying it back when I get the house money just to avoid having to stay with them.  LOL! 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I remember feeling that way when I had to stay with my parents for a couple weeks after my exhusband and I split up.  My son (who was 2 1/2 at the time) and I shared my old bedroom in their basement during that time and while I was very thankful that they let us move back in I was more than ready to move out again asap.  Hugs!

strongerwtime
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I have been there...lived with my sister....lived with a friend....lived with a stranger...

Just make a plan and stick to it...stick to your budget...put a timeline on when you would liek to be on your feet again. 

I it tough living with someone else...their rules..they way they live ect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)