Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 207 Replies
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow he's an asshole. Is she seeing a counselor yet? For now let her know you are unable to get a hold of him. If she keeps calling and gets rejected that'll hurt. You will need advice from a child psychologist who helps kids in her situation. They would have better advice. I'm taking my son to see a psychologist and do play therapy. He says he hates his dad. We've only done two sessions but I'm hoping that my son will get the help he needs to get through his rough patch and I can learn to help him better as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zeyda
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't want his own child to call him?. Fuck him then. Tell your daughter his phone doesn't work. He's busy. Something...how old is she?. I don't understand how a father can say that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM
We went last night for the first time. I just don't have the heart to say " you can not call him" she has improved she won't cry but she still ask for him.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Wow he's an asshole. Is she seeing a counselor yet? For now let her know you are unable to get a hold of him. If she keeps calling and gets rejected that'll hurt. You will need advice from a child psychologist who helps kids in her situation. They would have better advice. I'm taking my son to see a psychologist and do play therapy. He says he hates his dad. We've only done two sessions but I'm hoping that my son will get the help he needs to get through his rough patch and I can learn to help him better as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Me either she's 4 I don't want to make it worse for her! I am so upset that I can't help her.

Quoting Zeyda:

He doesn't want his own child to call him?. Fuck him then. Tell your daughter his phone doesn't work. He's busy. Something...how old is she?. I don't understand how a father can say that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM
None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zeyda
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Yeah what's his reason?. You have to do what's best for your daughter. This man wants her in his life or he doesn't. But if my babies father ever had the balls to tell me he doesn't want my daughter calling him. I'd end that real quick. I'd tell him not to worry, as long as that check is coming thru every month he wouldnt even have to remember her name. It's his loss not hers. Why would you want your daughter to even know him at that point.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Me either she's 4 I don't want to make it worse for her! I am so upset that I can't help her.

Quoting Zeyda:

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM
No reason, well I don't have the heart to talk her no. Because she loves him, he left after 4 years.

Quoting Zeyda:

Yeah what's his reason?. You have to do what's best for your daughter. This man wants her in his life or he doesn't. But if my babies father ever had the balls to tell me he doesn't want my daughter calling him. I'd end that real quick. I'd tell him not to worry, as long as that check is coming thru every month he wouldnt even have to remember her name. It's his loss not hers. Why would you want your daughter to even know him at that point.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting Zeyda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zeyda
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Yeah it's hard. I know. I baby a baby girl too, and she is crazy about her dad. And maybe you should talk to him about it. Tell him there is no way your going to tell your daughter she can't call him. If he wants that he should be the one to tell her.

Quoting erinmomofone:

No reason, well I don't have the heart to talk her no. Because she loves him, he left after 4 years.

Quoting Zeyda:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting Zeyda:

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Depends on if you want to spare her feelings, or tell the blunt truth.  If you want to spare her feelings, you could tell her daddys phone is broken, or he changed his number and you dont have it.  If you want to go the truth route: be prepared for her to be heartbroken but its not your fault, she will only be disappointed in him, not you!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)