Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by   + Show Post
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you tell the counselor what your daughters dad said? You need to tell her and ask what would be the best way to handle and explain to your daughter.

Quoting erinmomofone:

We went last night for the first time. I just don't have the heart to say " you can not call him" she has improved she won't cry but she still ask for him.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Wow he's an asshole. Is she seeing a counselor yet? For now let her know you are unable to get a hold of him. If she keeps calling and gets rejected that'll hurt. You will need advice from a child psychologist who helps kids in her situation. They would have better advice. I'm taking my son to see a psychologist and do play therapy. He says he hates his dad. We've only done two sessions but I'm hoping that my son will get the help he needs to get through his rough patch and I can learn to help him better as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM
No since it happened today.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Did you tell the counselor what your daughters dad said? You need to tell her and ask what would be the best way to handle and explain to your daughter.

Quoting erinmomofone:

We went last night for the first time. I just don't have the heart to say " you can not call him" she has improved she won't cry but she still ask for him.

Quoting MeeshMom:

Wow he's an asshole. Is she seeing a counselor yet? For now let her know you are unable to get a hold of him. If she keeps calling and gets rejected that'll hurt. You will need advice from a child psychologist who helps kids in her situation. They would have better advice. I'm taking my son to see a psychologist and do play therapy. He says he hates his dad. We've only done two sessions but I'm hoping that my son will get the help he needs to get through his rough patch and I can learn to help him better as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I don't want her to be upset! I love her and for him to do this to her upsets me.

Quoting Stephd710:

Depends on if you want to spare her feelings, or tell the blunt truth.  If you want to spare her feelings, you could tell her daddys phone is broken, or he changed his number and you dont have it.  If you want to go the truth route: be prepared for her to be heartbroken but its not your fault, she will only be disappointed in him, not you!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Fuck that! Let her keep calling and make him be the one to tell her to stop and break her heart. That sure as hell isnt your job!

Quoting erinmomofone:

None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM
It's not my job at all!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Fuck that! Let her keep calling and make him be the one to tell her to stop and break her heart. That sure as hell isnt your job!

Quoting erinmomofone:

None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

What reason did he give? I think its his job to tell her not to call, not yours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Thats a tough situation to be in, I'm sorry that he's doing that to you and your daughter.  Hugs!

PaperClip811
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I tend to lean more towards what Anna is saying. Tell him if he wants the calls to stop he needs to answer the phone and tell her himself. Sounds cruel but she is going to be heartbroken either way.

Gah.. He's such a dick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I told him that he said no he won't, I need to do it. She lives with me do it's my job.

Quoting PaperClip811:

I tend to lean more towards what Anna is saying. Tell him if he wants the calls to stop he needs to answer the phone and tell her himself. Sounds cruel but she is going to be heartbroken either way.

Gah.. He's such a dick.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Thanks you.

Quoting easinpc:

Thats a tough situation to be in, I'm sorry that he's doing that to you and your daughter.  Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
While I agree with it being his responsibility I also disagree with why you're saying. She can't make him tell her any more than she could make him be a father. I think she should call the counselor and have a chat about what just happened to get some advice. I also think she shouldn't let her dd keep calling because the constant rejection could be traumatizing to her. Instead they should do mother daughter things to get her mind off her absent loser father.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Quoting erinmomofone:

None!!!!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN