Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by   + Show Post
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (171-180):
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Thank you!! I thought about my childhood that's why I came up with what I did.

Quoting Kenzie_2:

Awe I am so sorry!! Things like that have happened with my ex and I make him tell the kids.  Usually he ends up feeling way to guilty and doesn't want to say it to them, but wow I can't believe that he did that! I feel like that was the best way to handle it because than you aren't not the bad guy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

He is a scum bag to say the very least , there are obviously a few other more choice words for him as well. It will be extremely hard for your daughter to get over it and stop asking for her dad but little by little she will, just be there for her, tell her you love her a lot, that sometimes families are only made up of one parent that loves that child more then anything in the world. And even though her father is an asshole, don't tell her that, just say that daddy can't be in her life right now but doesn't mean that he wont ever, this way you are helping her deal with his walking away but not taking all her hope. I'm sorry you have to go through this and for your daughter to have to live it, but just love her and keep trying to move forward each day.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I will never talk about her dad in a bad way around her. I will love her and try to get through it together!

Quoting victoriahearts:

He is a scum bag to say the very least , there are obviously a few other more choice words for him as well. It will be extremely hard for your daughter to get over it and stop asking for her dad but little by little she will, just be there for her, tell her you love her a lot, that sometimes families are only made up of one parent that loves that child more then anything in the world. And even though her father is an asshole, don't tell her that, just say that daddy can't be in her life right now but doesn't mean that he wont ever, this way you are helping her deal with his walking away but not taking all her hope. I'm sorry you have to go through this and for your daughter to have to live it, but just love her and keep trying to move forward each day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
i was not mean at all. like you said i have my opinion and you have yours. i believe a child should be protected from the adult bullshit not put on speakerphone to have him ony hurt her.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am a mother of a child who's father left her, I am also a child of a father who left me and I think what I did is better. You have your opinions and I have mine, so please do not be mean about it. Thank you.

Quoting stickyfingers:

yea i think so. i have been in a very similar situation and to be honest its better for him just to be gone instead of the mean words to go with it. so really unless you have ever been the mother of a child whos dad just decided not to be a part of their life you really dont understand.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Oh So it's better to lie to her? So she remembers that? There was more words between us away from ky before he told her. So stop.

Quoting stickyfingers:

omg why would you set her up to be heartbroken like that? poor poor girl! she will always remember that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Ok, I did what was best for my child. I am her mom. You do not know my child or myself and I did what was in the best interest for us.

Quoting stickyfingers:

i was not mean at all. like you said i have my opinion and you have yours. i believe a child should be protected from the adult bullshit not put on speakerphone to have him ony hurt her.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am a mother of a child who's father left her, I am also a child of a father who left me and I think what I did is better. You have your opinions and I have mine, so please do not be mean about it. Thank you.

Quoting stickyfingers:

yea i think so. i have been in a very similar situation and to be honest its better for him just to be gone instead of the mean words to go with it. so really unless you have ever been the mother of a child whos dad just decided not to be a part of their life you really dont understand.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Oh So it's better to lie to her? So she remembers that? There was more words between us away from ky before he told her. So stop.

Quoting stickyfingers:

omg why would you set her up to be heartbroken like that? poor poor girl! she will always remember that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Ok...time to pull back from him for now...its only hurtful to Ky. I agree that she needs to see a counselor so she can get help working through her feelings. Just continue to love her and be there for her.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
She already sees one we do every week started last week. I do love her.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Ok...time to pull back from him for now...its only hurtful to Ky. I agree that she needs to see a counselor so she can get help working through her feelings. Just continue to love her and be there for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I know you do Sis...and I'm glad she's seeing someone...praying for you..*hugs*

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Thanks.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

I know you do Sis...and I'm glad she's seeing someone...praying for you..*hugs*

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM
This

Quoting Stephd710:

Depends on if you want to spare her feelings, or tell the blunt truth.  If you want to spare her feelings, you could tell her daddys phone is broken, or he changed his number and you dont have it.  If you want to go the truth route: be prepared for her to be heartbroken but its not your fault, she will only be disappointed in him, not you!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)