Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by   + Show Post
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (181-190):
TCain0001
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I agree with victoriahearts.  I understand you not badmouthing her dad in front of her....it's not right.  But at the same time, as she gets older, she's gonna pick up on the fact that her own daddy doesn't want to have diddlysquat to do with her, and she's gonna resent him bigtime!  I guarantee, by the time she's a teen, if he has a change of heart and decides to have her back in his life, she'll come back with "fuck you......you didn't want me then, so what makes now any different?"  

Quoting erinmomofone:

I will never talk about her dad in a bad way around her. I will love her and try to get through it together!

Quoting victoriahearts:

He is a scum bag to say the very least , there are obviously a few other more choice words for him as well. It will be extremely hard for your daughter to get over it and stop asking for her dad but little by little she will, just be there for her, tell her you love her a lot, that sometimes families are only made up of one parent that loves that child more then anything in the world. And even though her father is an asshole, don't tell her that, just say that daddy can't be in her life right now but doesn't mean that he wont ever, this way you are helping her deal with his walking away but not taking all her hope. I'm sorry you have to go through this and for your daughter to have to live it, but just love her and keep trying to move forward each day.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Yeah, I am sure she will resent him, hopefully ky sees that I was/am there for her.

Quoting TCain0001:

I agree with victoriahearts.  I understand you not badmouthing her dad in front of her....it's not right.  But at the same time, as she gets older, she's gonna pick up on the fact that her own daddy doesn't want to have diddlysquat to do with her, and she's gonna resent him bigtime!  I guarantee, by the time she's a teen, if he has a change of heart and decides to have her back in his life, she'll come back with "fuck you......you didn't want me then, so what makes now any different?"  

Quoting erinmomofone:

I will never talk about her dad in a bad way around her. I will love her and try to get through it together!

Quoting victoriahearts:

He is a scum bag to say the very least , there are obviously a few other more choice words for him as well. It will be extremely hard for your daughter to get over it and stop asking for her dad but little by little she will, just be there for her, tell her you love her a lot, that sometimes families are only made up of one parent that loves that child more then anything in the world. And even though her father is an asshole, don't tell her that, just say that daddy can't be in her life right now but doesn't mean that he wont ever, this way you are helping her deal with his walking away but not taking all her hope. I'm sorry you have to go through this and for your daughter to have to live it, but just love her and keep trying to move forward each day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by Michelle on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

So wrong

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Who him or me?

Quoting josiahmom:

So wrong

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Damn this is crazy... I'd go crazy if it happened to my DD ..im so sorry...he will one day deeply regret it and will one day come back crawling like the stupid piece of shit animal he is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM
He won't be crawling back to me or kyleigh I won't let him!

Quoting lissetteP:

Damn this is crazy... I'd go crazy if it happened to my DD ..im so sorry...he will one day deeply regret it and will one day come back crawling like the stupid piece of shit animal he is!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I am so sorry that he did that to her!  Hugs!

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Thanks

Quoting easinpc:

I am so sorry that he did that to her!  Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Well I meant he'll try....good....KY deserves a real man in her life

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting lissetteP:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Yeah she does and hopefully one day I'll find one for her.

Quoting lissetteP:

Well I meant he'll try....good....KY deserves a real man in her life

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting lissetteP:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)