Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by   + Show Post
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Oh wow...that's tough. 

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Yeah it is.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Oh wow...that's tough. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Next time he calls you to ask to speak to your daughter, get her on the phone.  If he says something to the effect to you, hand the phone to your daughter and let her hear it.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I dont think he will call.

Quoting brieri:

Next time he calls you to ask to speak to your daughter, get her on the phone.  If he says something to the effect to you, hand the phone to your daughter and let her hear it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Ok.  This is going to be a hard one to deal with, because you don't want to tell your daughter that she can't make the call.  On the other hand because she didn't hear what he said to you, she should just continue calling him like she wants to.  He'll probably bed mad but that's not your problem.  because you don't know for certain if what he really said is to be the truth.   Until he tells her himself, then forget that convo ever existed.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Ok I will not listen.

Quoting brieri:

Ok.  This is going to be a hard one to deal with, because you don't want to tell your daughter that she can't make the call.  On the other hand because she didn't hear what he said to you, she should just continue calling him like she wants to.  He'll probably bed mad but that's not your problem.  because you don't know for certain if what he really said is to be the truth.   Until he tells her himself, then forget that convo ever existed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIMarriott
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:37 PM

He is probably confronted with the fact that he is a bad father every time your daughter calls and doesn't want to deal with that, so he is acting like a child. I would leave him a voicemail and say that you are not going to play the part of the bad guy. If he doesn't want her to call, grow the balls to tell your daughter yourself. In the meantime, continue to let her call - even if she leaves him a voicemail. Just the act of calling may make her feel better, even if he doesn't respond.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I left him a message and told him I am not doing it. It does help her to leave a message.

Quoting FIMarriott:

He is probably confronted with the fact that he is a bad father every time your daughter calls and doesn't want to deal with that, so he is acting like a child. I would leave him a voicemail and say that you are not going to play the part of the bad guy. If he doesn't want her to call, grow the balls to tell your daughter yourself. In the meantime, continue to let her call - even if she leaves him a voicemail. Just the act of calling may make her feel better, even if he doesn't respond.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIMarriott
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Good for you - let him clean up his own mess.

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I will let him do it. I don't want to do it to my baby.

Quoting FIMarriott:

Good for you - let him clean up his own mess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)