Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex told me not to let my daughter to call. Update 11/14. Phone call.

Posted by   + Show Post
So need your help, my ex texted me and said that ky can not call him anymore. What should I do? I feel like I should allow her to call, she's his kid too. She wants to call him and I don't have the heart to say no to her.I am so mad he's so wrong! Any help would be great.

Update for 11/14
So I called my daughter's dad and he answered I told him that he needed to tell ky that he doesn't want her to call anymore if thatd truly how he felt. He said "fine I will" so I put it on speaker phone, and said here she is. He said "kyleigh daddy can't have you call anymore, goodbye" he hung up and she just burst in to tears. She is so hurt, Ugh what an ass. I want to hit him in the face. 

Please maybe I handled it wrong but please don't make me feel worse. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM
You can't force him to be a parent. Just tell her that daddy's phone is broke. The counselor can also help you tell her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Yeah, my stomach hurts thinking about telling her that.

Quoting tyfry7496:

You can't force him to be a parent. Just tell her that daddy's phone is broke. The counselor can also help you tell her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
When my kids were little I managed all that stuff. That way they wouldnt be crying when daddy made promises he didn't keep. As they got older I let them contact him themselves.

If he's saying dont contact him, distract her. Having her call him to be rejected is hurtful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Just calling makes her feel better, even if it's just a message that says " I love you daddy". I keep running though my head what is better.

Quoting faerie75:

When my kids were little I managed all that stuff. That way they wouldnt be crying when daddy made promises he didn't keep. As they got older I let them contact him themselves.

If he's saying dont contact him, distract her. Having her call him to be rejected is hurtful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Well if that makes her feel better then its up to you. Just know that it's temporary. It's his job to tell her though, not yours. What a jerk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
He's a jerk for sure he makes my head,stomach, and body ache. I just wish he realized what he is doing to her. I have never thought he would do this to us.

Quoting faerie75:

Well if that makes her feel better then its up to you. Just know that it's temporary. It's his job to tell her though, not yours. What a jerk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia9804
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Im sorry you are going threw this. It is very hard to see your kids hurt and it isnt easy watching them go threw this kinda thing. but i do agree that if he dosent want her calling its his job to tell her. My kids had to learn that lesson and it about killed me watching them go threw that but when i was makeing excuses for my ex my kids thought i just didnt want them to call him so i stoped and let them find out on there own. Now my ex calls and its our kids saying they dont wanna talk to him and i dont talk bad about him in front of them even though like you its hard not to but i always tell them they can talk to him anytime cause he is there dad and he loves them even if he is never around. It dose get better my kids stoped blameing me for what there dad was doing and started doing to him what he did to them and i do have to say karma is a bitch and my ex deserves all that he gets... lol your bd will get his to and try adn stay strong it will all work out i wish ya the best of luck :)

iHay
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
She doesnt need that constant rejection in her life, yes she will ask a lot for awhile but it will pass and it is better for her not t drag the pain out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You shouldn't do that to her, she might hold it against you.  He needs to tell her.  So you call that asshole and tell him to tell her.    

erinmomofone
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:48 AM
I am so worried she will. I'll comfort her after he breaks her heart but I am not doing it. I did call him.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

You shouldn't do that to her, she might hold it against you.  He needs to tell her.  So you call that asshole and tell him to tell her.    

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)