Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

some people...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

I know this probably isn't a big deal, but I'm sick as hell right now with a sore throat and we're all missing taekwondo because of that, and my son just caught a cold this morning and the baby's been snotting on me all day..... so I'm rather cranky.

I posted on facebook a few days ago that I had a bag full of boys clothes between 3t and 5t if anyone wants it.  My son has a friend that is a size bigger than him and his mom gives us all his clothes he outgrows.  I go through it, get what we need out of it, then I pass it on to some one else or if I can't find a taker for it, I donate it.  My 9 year old daughter gives the sister of my son's friend her clothes and some toys and things, the girl is disabled and is a year younger than my daughter.

Anyway.

It was unusual but no one took my offer on the clothes so this morning I posted it again and like 3 people responded with something like "ugh, used clothes.  I'd have to look at it first."

IDK WHY but that just made me mad.  If you can tell me that you have to SEE it first, you OBVIOUSLY don't need it!

Now, I'm going take another swig of tylenol sore throat (the blue liquid with the *cool burst* that stuff is amazing) and you can get back to your regularly scheduled lives.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maguilar
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:19 AM
I would just donate it.People can be wierd about it. IDK why its just clothes not a diaper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, if they don't want it then they could just say no, or not comment. I guess you could donate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Aww, feel better!

Barblicious
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Yah I don't know why they need to say anything. Boo to 'some people' :)

Get well.

happygirls
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Yeah I don't know why they had to comment if they don't like used clothes and if they gross them out or whatever, why they'd even need to "see" them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Id tell her sorry, theyre gone and just donate them. If she thought they werent good enough for her child, screw her. Hope yall feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I'm sick too, and tylenol is not helping me at all.  Hope you feel better.  

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Just donate it, those friends are rude. Feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa959799
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Afriend of mine has a son that is 10 months older then my son( my son is now 14 months old). When my son was born she gave me all of her sons old clothes. I loved it.   There is no one around who has a son younger then mine so I donate all my boys clothes.

steviechick
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I would try finding a consignment shop.  Forget about rude 'friends'.  If they want an attitude like that they can go find friendship somewhere else.  If you can't find a consignment shop perhaps a quick garage sale is in order.  That way you can at least make some $ off of the clothes.  Sorry you were treated so badly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN