Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I know this probably isn't a big deal, but I'm sick as hell right now with a sore throat and we're all missing taekwondo because of that, and my son just caught a cold this morning and the baby's been snotting on me all day..... so I'm rather cranky.

I posted on facebook a few days ago that I had a bag full of boys clothes between 3t and 5t if anyone wants it.  My son has a friend that is a size bigger than him and his mom gives us all his clothes he outgrows.  I go through it, get what we need out of it, then I pass it on to some one else or if I can't find a taker for it, I donate it.  My 9 year old daughter gives the sister of my son's friend her clothes and some toys and things, the girl is disabled and is a year younger than my daughter.

Anyway.

It was unusual but no one took my offer on the clothes so this morning I posted it again and like 3 people responded with something like "ugh, used clothes.  I'd have to look at it first."

IDK WHY but that just made me mad.  If you can tell me that you have to SEE it first, you OBVIOUSLY don't need it!

Now, I'm going take another swig of tylenol sore throat (the blue liquid with the *cool burst* that stuff is amazing) and you can get back to your regularly scheduled lives.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-12):
Misha1204
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I was just thinking this as I was reading the post.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow, if they don't want it then they could just say no, or not comment. I guess you could donate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

i normally donate clothes to organizations anyway; there are people who are truly in need that will appreciate the blessings than people who have a little and think some things are beneath them. And at least i know if i'm giving it to an organization, it will be put to good use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN